1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hard Choices..

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nero, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Who ever said anything about Clowny and you act like I said Romo was the only option. Clearly what I said was my personal opinion which "Texans fans" seem to have a hard time understanding. Just because I make a stament on what I think should happen doesn't mean it's going to happen so relax.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well of course it doesn't mean it's going to happen, in fact, everyone is telling you that it WON'T happen because it's completely ridiculous. You might as well have said that the Rockets should trade Harden for Melo.

3. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Get your thong out your ass and think outside of reality for once geez

4. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Maybe if they include a couple of their stud OL, you could have a discussion.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Think outside of reality? Not sure what the point is in that, lol.

6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Your thong is so far up your ass it's hilarious

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Interesting...i think you're talking about someone else... Unless you use that phrase with multiple people at once.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm willing to trade Watt, Clowney, Jeff Bagwell, Matt Maloney's hairdo, and @ROXonROXonROX's stupid ass to Dallas if it means never having to picture @rezdawg in a thong ever again.

9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Ooooooooo good one, salty?

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

No, not particularly. I'm guessing you just got home from school?

11. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Don't be mad bro it's all good if your salty AF

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Typically the summary of your post.

13. Nero

Nero Member

Hey, you know what? QB's the quality of Romo come onto the trade market oh like once every ten years or so. And if the Texans attempt to go another season with BO as their QB, then nothing else they do will matter, the season is already guaranteed to be another wasted season, another wasted year of Watt's and Clowney's and Hopkins' and everyone else' careers. All shot, purely wasted, because BO is not a QB with even a shred of hope for being a SB winning quarterback.

And you have a high-dollar QB and a high-dollar DE, don't tell me they couldn't work out a trade that could be beneficial to both teams. Because they could, I just don't know what all the details would have to be.

So everyone can laugh and make snide comments. That's fine. But I know that if Romo happened to play for any other team, people around here would be all over it.

But no, they want to give up the farm of draft picks for a guy who has started exactly 2 games, for the Patriots no less, rather than dealing from a position of strength.

The good news is, in less than a year, everyone is going to know which way it all goes, and so at the very least, this is one that will have an actual resolution to it, one way or another.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Romo is the Yao Ming of the NBA. Huge injury concern; limited success in the playoffs; so much talent. Would you have traded him for Ben Wallace?

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

And now for a brief interlude:
    Tony Romo in his 12 year career has ONE playoff win. Unfortunately, so does Brock Osweiler...
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

16. Nero

Nero Member

You say that like it's supposed to mean something. But it's just dumb.

Ask yourself this: In the playoff game this year against the Patriots, if you had a choice between starting Osweiler or Romo, which one would you have chosen? Yeah, go ahead and say Brock. Uh huh. Thought so.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, and if you pick Romo then who do you play in the 2nd quarter when he's injured?

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's what you would call an "irrelevant" fact. Sure, there's absolutely no comparison between Romo's skillset and whatever Osweiler has but that doesn't negate the fact that between the two of them, there are only two playoff victories. It kinda boggles the mind but to answer your question my response would have been "Neither". Romo is a living advertisement for K-Clinc while Brock is beyond terrible. If those are your choices, you might as well concede the game and save yourself the trip to Foxborough. But have no fear! O'Brien is here to save the day!

19. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Lechler, easy choice.

20. codell

codell Contributing Member

I am 100% certain the Texans don't have a "Romo or bust" mentality going into next season. Therfore, whether Romo is a better option than Osweiler is irrelevant. The argument should be about whether Osweiler or "the field" is the better option because quite frankly, when it comes to the future of the Texans, "the field" looks a whole lot better than Romo does at this point.

#60 codell, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017