1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Fathers Day CF: What's your best Rockets Memory with your kids?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Thanks Shark, I only have 4 months of memories but I'm so thankful for the time I had and the memories I can hold on to. I've been trying to get my girls to watch the games. Especially this year with the deep playoff run. But all they say is, "daddy, why are you always watching basketball....." I'm not much fun to be around too when the rockets aren't playing well. They're both pretty girly so here's to hoping....

Shark44, crimsonghost and Why not? like this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am so, so sorry.

Rox>Mavs likes this.
  3. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

My son doesn't watch the Rockets, but when he was 3 1/2 in November of 2009, I was watching the Rockets and he was playing on the porch of an apartment we had just moved into a month prior. We lost our house with a large yard, and my boy wanted to be out side so I was watching him through the window while watching the Rockets. He was too close to the railings so I stuck my head out and told him to get away from the edge. A minute or 2 later he was doing it again so I got up to yell at him for not listening to me the first time and when I got to him an HPD officer was coming up the stairs. So he arrested me for Felony Child Endangerment and didnt even tell my family he did so, even after I asked him if he would at least let them know what happened to me. we ended up getting a visit my CPS, and then we moved out of Texas so we wouldn't have to deal with those ****s. So thats my most striking memory of my boy and the Rockets FTP

Shark44 likes this.
  4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I watched the '86 Rocket/Celtics series with my Dad. Aside from the '84 Olympics, it was the only time I remember being allowed to stay up late watching tv in my youth.

From my four year old son:

"Dad, are you James Harden?"

"You know I'm not. Why would you ask me that?"

"Then why are you on the bench?"

Sick burn. Trolled by a kid.

Shark44 likes this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't have kids. I do have a Father though. And two come to mind.

The first was when I was 8 years old. My Father took me to my first Rocket's game. I remember sitting down in our lower bowl seats at the Summit as the Rockets were warming up. I asked my Dad, "Who's good?". He pointed at number 34 and said, "He's good." And he did not lie. Akeem Olajuwon put on a hell of a show that night. I'm not a sports fan. I'm a basketball fan. And I have often wondered if I'd be a basketball fan if Dream hadn't been so awe inspiring that night.

The second was about 10 years later. Game 4 of the Finals against the Magic. I'll never forget high-fiving my Dad the moment Hakeem hit a 3 that dagger 3 pointer that was so out of character for him. Celebrating the Rocket's second championship with my father and my family that night was definitely a very special memory.

Shark44 likes this.
  6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

That sucks! Hopefully we'll get a championship soon and send that memory to a deep compartment.

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Don't worry, if he even pays some attention at 4, he'll probably get even more interested as he matures. My oldest son loves bball, but didn't start watching games until he was 8 and he's a dedicated fan still at 31.

bulkatron likes this.
  8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Then I’ve got a lot to look forward to!