1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Happy Belated 60th Birthday Larry Bird

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by heypartner, Dec 9, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Forgot his bday was same day as the day that will live in infamy

CBS Sports Made a new Tribute Youtube

This Montage includes way more passes than any I've seen in other vids. From my college buddy who grew up in Boston -- "it's the most comprehensive one I have seen, though someone will have to put one together with more of his defensive gems..."

Should put to rest that Lebron is a better passer, much less better than Magic. (let the derails begin)

Magic and Bird are the two best passers ever....because they are much taller than the PGs who had equal vision and passing skills. Just an unfair height advantage over them, to see over the defense and pass from higher angles.

#1 heypartner, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  2. heypartner

That fake pass at the 1:19 is hilarious. Poor guy. I've never seen that play before.

rep to anyone who can figure out who #44 is....or even just the team, and we can figure it out from bbreference

3. heypartner

Most complete coverage of The Steal that I've seen in awhile. Forgot Bird has fallen to the floor way on the other side.

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

Hate to break it to you, but the rep system is gone...

;)

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

>Lebron...

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bird was clearly a better passer. Averaging basically the same number of assists in the flow of the game, NOT as a point forward. It's remarkable...

7. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Bird > Magic for me.

8. heypartner

man, that mad house scene of fans rushing the floor after the title. Check out Bird's escape from the floor.