1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Half Life and Other PC games

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TeXaSalsa, May 27, 2000.

Tags:
  1. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

I know DaDakota said he worked for a company. i tried starlancer and it is pretty good.

if anyone else plays games please gimme feedback.

i play some of these games sparingly

Half Life- i paly a mod called team fortress classic
    Starcraft- i dont play this anymore but it sure was fun
    and i will be playing Diablo2 once it comes out.

i usually dont play alot except durin the summer when i am bored. that would be now hehe

------------------
    --TEX

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Let me know if you get Diablo 2. I'll be getting it as it comes out. I don't play games much any more and even when I do, I'm not much of an action game fan. I kind of like games like Starcraft, Baldur's Gate, Warcraft, Civ, etc. I knew I had started becoming bored with games when I was a beta tester on Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and it "didn't do it for me". The last games I played that I REALLY liked was Baldur's Gate and AOE 2. And I never finished Baldur's Gate because of a freakin' bug in the software...arrrggg!.

------------------
    ?

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited May 27, 2000).]

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

my latest favorite is Unreal Tournament. Get a group of friends over and its hours of fun! The bots AI are terrific and the graphics and sounds are awesome ...

------------------

4. Lord Tree

Lord Tree Member

Everyone should try the Half Life mod called Counter Strike. It's a semi-realistic Terrorism/Counter Terrorism Team Game mod. It uses real world weapons (ie. MP5, Benelli 3 Super 90, FN P90, AK47, etc.) and it's a lot of fun. It's definately not a run-in shoot 'em up, it actually requires some startegy. =)

Lord Tree - Mmmm.... P90, drool.

------------------

5. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I just finished with the first Diablo, and I thought it sucked. I'm not really looking forward to Diablo II.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

6. CaucasionSensation

Half-Life's multiplayer sucks. But the TFC mod considerably makes up for that.

Hands down though, the best game for online multiplayer is Tribes w/Renegades MOD. The teamwork, voice commands and graphics are all far better than Team Fortress Classic mod for Half-Life.

If you have Quake 3 Arena try out the Weapons factory mod. It's pretty enjoyable. http://www.captured.com/weaponsfactory/

Some of the maps are the same as TFC for Half-Life, at least one that I know of.

------------------

7. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

Another game i will be playing soon i forgot to mention is Vampire The Masquerade:Redemption. that game will rock.

------------------
    --TEX

8. knits stekcor

knits stekcor Member

I like to play Half-Life Counter-Strike and Quake 3 on the internet myself. However, I still feel the best multiplayer internet game is Quake World Team Fortress. It is a mod for the original Quake, and although the graphics are primitive, the gameplay is terrific. The balance of the player classes and the amount of teammwork involved has kept it going for over 4 years, and hundreds of people still play on the net today.

(This has been a paid advertisement from id software.)

------------------
    If I were Scoonie Penn, I'd have to change my name.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If we all ever find a game we all enjoy, maybe we can all try out an online gaming service and go at it. But like I said, I'm not much for action games. I have Unreal, Quake II & III, and Half-Life. Still have no idea why I keep buying 'em. [​IMG]

------------------
    ?

10. CaucasionSensation

We recently go hooked up on the Road Runner cable modem service, and man having a cable modem as opposed to a 56K v.90 makes all the difference in the world. If anyone here enjoys online multi-player, I strongly recommend it. It's awesome playing some online game with a ping of 50.

------------------

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Unreal Tournament rocks!!

Its the best game I have played since...StarCraft.

I love the "Craft" series Blizzard made. The new WarCraft looks like it is real good and should be coming out soon. Actually, Blizzard is the same company who does the Diablo series. They are excellent at creating those types of games.

I use to work for GT Interactive who distributes the Quake and Unreal games. They use to be TINY when I started in 1994 and when they released Doom II, it changed them forever. You can continue to look forward to great games from them in the future. They are really good at it.

By the way, I just got DSL here at home and can I just say that the difference from 250 ping to 20 is like Olden Polyniece and Dream. Its that big of a difference.

By the way...Dream is the DSL and Polyniece is the 56k! [​IMG]

------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.