1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem's Status?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket101, Aug 24, 2000.

1. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

Anybody heard any rumors regarding Hakeem's health or his physical condition. Since this is his last season I would imagine he would want it to be a memorable one.

You would think he would try to come to camp in the best shape of his life but I do have my doubts. [​IMG]

Also I guess depending no how he plays in the preseason will determine if he starts or comes off the bench.

However with Mo probably coming here, and with the possibility of us making the playoffs, a young starting tandem of Cato and Taylor with Hakeem coming off the bench sounds the most productive to me.

------------------
    Be sure to water your grass

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

who said mo is coming here?

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Posting in stupid threads is not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    4. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN or be Assimilated.

3. treeman

treeman Member

[I really hope we get to the playoffs. I don't care how. Hakeem could be benched the whole season, but I bet he'd jump right up and come up with a 25-10 effort for the series if it was a playoff situation. I can't think of a better way for an NBA legend to go out. I think that whatever force possessed him in the first two championships (and he definitely played like a man possesed by something) might decide to return one last time if the rest of this dumbass squad can help him get there....]

And now I wake up. It's never a bad thing to have Hakeem the Dream on your team.

------------------