1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hakeem on "Inside the NBA "

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by popeye, May 11, 2000.

1. popeye

popeye Member

1. He will return next year, unless something happens to him healthwise.Wants to have fun next year.
    2. Definitely his last year.
    3. Ready to get involved in important issues. To accept the responsibility of being a family man, repersenting the community. To be a voice for the unrepersented.
    4. Nice tour of his house which is Islam influenced. White. Large and open. Pillared. Unique:including daily(X5)bath facilities, a tent in the backyard complete with arabian rugs and pillows sent to him by the crown prince of some Saudi Principality.
    5. His beautiful babies.
    6. A classy guy.
    7. Nothing new, but genuine and respectful. Maybe awe-inspring.

Cheers.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

DOH! Beat me to it... here's what I wrote:

That was great -- you guys catch that?

Not sure who the TNT interviewer was, but he went to Hakeem's home, talked to him about his life, etc. Showed where Hakeem prays 5 times a day... a huge tent some Arabian (or Saudi?) prince sent him ...

Also talked about retirement and how next year is definitely his last season. When asked if he would retire this offseason he said he knows he can "still compete" and "unless things change" he will play next year. What things? A condition arises where he can't breathe well... as was the case at the end of this season.

Kenny Smith talked about how genuine and knowledgeable Hakeem was after the special....

Very cool.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

3. playahata

playahata Member

My only problem is that they never really tryed to explain what a dominant player he was. He is the great one and a 2 time champ....some highlights from the Double Clutch video mixed in would have helped.

------------------

4. popeye

popeye Member

C: Don't you ever sleep?

I got an excuse. I have jet lag. Real bad!!!
    Damn foreign Yankee tequila in California!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG] (The shades help my eyes.)

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh Popeye, don't mention bad Tequila.

I heard on Pacifica Radio that the aguava plant is experiencing a fungus attack and may wipe out half the supply, if not more. It takes many years to harvest the aquava, the symptoms of the infestation occur in the 2 to 3rd year, and the plant only grows in one region of Mexico. So we tequila drinkers are in a serious crisis.

it is a sad, sad thought....

6. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I thought it was the "agave" plant.

Can anyone tell me where tequila is made and why it is only made there?

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between tequila and mezcal?

Answer can be in short answer or essay form. They are due in two days. You can turn them in stapled, but not paper-clipped, folded, or taped. Grades will be posted in a week.

Man, thank God this semester is finally OVER.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

7. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Jose Cuervo ain't no friend of mine. I don't care what the song says.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

8. popeye

popeye Member

If I was only coming from California I'd still be under the influence when I arrived."

So what you are saying is:

1. It's the place of origin that is the problem. Damn those crazy Californian wackos!!!!!!!!!!

2. Excessive quantities of celebration are not to blame. Pass that bottle!!!!!

3. I should try flying to London and back to get rid of this horrible "crud"? Indubitably correct old chap!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

PS Are there any bars on the Concorde??????

9. popeye

popeye Member

<center><blink><marquee><font = 3> NO TEQUILA!!!!!!!!!!</font></marquee></blink></center>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. davo

davo Contributing Member

You guys will have to resort to drinking something less halucinatory (is that a word??) like Bourbon.

Popeye - this is the reason why sometimes longer flights can be better for "jet lag". I make full use of the 10 hour flight from London to dry out from the night before. If I was only coming from California I'd still be under the influence when I arrived [​IMG]

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com