1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Haitians all have AIDS and Nigerians won't go back to huts after being in US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a different between the media of today and the media of those days....but as a general rule I don't go on faith when it comes to blindly believing things with no evidence.

When it comes to the modern day national media, they push so much fake news that the only way you believe unsourced stories is if you just really really want to believe and you don't care that it is potentially BS.....and I would say the same to anyone no matter who the target of the unsourced story was.

Now to be clear, it doesn't mean that the story is necessarily false, it could potentially be true, it's just that without evidence no impartial person should put any stock into it. Perhaps we can blame Lavar Burton but when things end "You have to take my word for it" instead of "But you don't have to take my word for it", it just doesn't work for me.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Threads like this citing unconfirmed sources to just stir the hate are disappointing. It's crazy because I bet most of us would be friends if we happened to be neighbors but instead most just sit back and talk crap on Christmas Eve.

I hope everyone is enjoying their time with family and the Rockets stomp the Thunder tomorrow.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

I’ve heard much worse

Nook likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Happy holidays!

Deckard, R0ckets03, Nook and 3 others like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Are you a Muslim Mexican hell bent on destroying all that is right with America?

6. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Depressing, but true.

Yet, by and large, i have more faith in the press to get it right (& correct itself when mistaken) than i do with partisanship defensiveness.

a Citizen confesses malfeasance to a reporter but, for fear of retribution, asks for anonymity...i trust FOX News over NYT or WashPost to interpret their veracity?

So sorry...but no.

7. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Nixon, Halderman, Ehrichman, Dean, Macgruder, Mitchell, Liddy et al would have valued & exploited your pov.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And those who continue to push fake news currently exploit your POV because you'll seemingly believe anything without any evidence whatsoever.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The fact that a person can parrot this “fake news” thing (perhaps if only to target news sources they don’t like, of course), one of Trump’s simplest yet apparently most effective of Jedi mind tricks, makes me wonder which is emptier, his/her brain or soul.

No Worries likes this.
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Unnamed sources never got us anywhere...

Wish Gil Scott Heron was here for a Buffoon-in-Chief reprisal.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

I have noticed that some on here will say anything that is not in trumps favor is called fake news smh.

#51 edwardc, Dec 26, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  12. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

So you'd defend Haldeman & Ehrlichman due to your distrust?

13. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

I'm not trying to play 'Gotcha ya!'

but, dude...

there's a measure where past/historical behaviour points @ truth.

Our President lies & frequently misrepresents the truth. Please be kind enough to avoid forcing me to point out the particulars.

Deckard likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unsourced reports are no better than rumors until they are proved. Now to some, rumors are enough to be treated as fact if they are about people they don't like.....but funny how some of those same people ignore actual facts when they are against those they support.

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Hmm

SO who do I believe now that time has passed?

1. Claims Trump said what the NYT claims he said which were provided by some un-named source, who also claims to have been in the meeting, which cannot be confirmed either.

2. Claims that Trump did not say what the NYT claims he said from multiple named sources who have proof they actually were in the meeting.

I'm going to chalk this one up as yet another example of fake news.