1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haitians all have AIDS and Nigerians won't go back to huts after being in US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Dec 23, 2017.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

NYT is fake news

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Give me one good reason to believe what NYT says? They're one of the biggest anti-trump news organization in the US.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

NYT reports on what sources inform them of. Those sources came directly from inside the meeting room. All NYT can do is check the credibility of the source and corroborate the account with multiple people (which they did). NYT also state in the article that other members that were in the meeting did not recall Trump saying those things. NYT's article is good journalism. They do not say that Trump definitely said those things, just allegedly.
    Give me one good reason to believe what Trump says? Trump has a proven history of lying, he just did it again this week when talking about his taxes. When it comes to credibility, NYT is 100x more credible than that habitual liar in Trump.

edwardc likes this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

One thing I've learned for the past 2 years is that unnamed sources are sketchy as hell. There have been numerous times where these sources have been proven to be wrong. I don't think anti Trump media will go out of there way to verify any anti Trump claims that have been made.

Dems are losing their minds over the tax cuts, They're acting like it's the end of the world. I don't know what Trump said but there has been a lot of dishonesty from both sides.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You realize these were claims made by someone IN the meeting, right? Why would someone inside the meeting risk their own career by making something up. On the other hand, Trump has every reason to lie in order to defend himself.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/trumps-blatant-lie-about-the-tax-cut.287196/[/quote][/QUOTE]

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

There is this one Nigerian who is still hanging out in around Houston decades after coming here.

[​IMG]

Exiled likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

I'm with Rockets legend, definitely fake news! that's like saying he would associate immigrants as being rapists. But just in case he did say those things let's build beautiful walls, bigger and better than huts, ones that no milkman can blow over!
    [​IMG]

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Unnamed sources. Lol nytimes

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So we're outright pimping out fake news now? Trump Derangement Syndrome is probably the worst thing to happen to this board, you crazy kids have lost your minds.

Roc Paint likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The amusing part of people saying nyt is fake news is that trump loves the nyt and he and his kids all communicate with their reporters directly.

Nook likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Maggie haberman gets direct communication from trump himself yet she gets called fake news

Nook and B-Bob like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think you have to be saying that the NYT is fake news to point out that after the recent string of fake news pushed by mainstream media outlets unsourced nonsense like this should be viewed as fake news. It's possible that it's legit, but the media simply doesn't have the credibility to roll with outlandish stories that are unsourced anymore.

16. conquistador#11

Here is something I remembered because Jorge Ramos brought it up a year ago. trump called it 'tremendous infectious disease' that latin american immigrants were bringing in. But what does Journal of Medicine know right?
    https://qz.com/735165/trump-blaming...isnt-just-offensive-its-scientifically-wrong/

and we know Trump just reuses the same material over again .
    it's like they say back in my country, keep your imaginary friends close your tanning bed even closer.

Nook likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Who is that?

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It is right up there with LOFers of Clutchfans past

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I meant to quote this in my post above

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

It is a figure of speech: like saying all Russians are alcoholics or the Chinese love eating dog.