1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grizzlies under review by the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Dec 2, 1999.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Excerpt from Jonathan Feigen's "Rockets Notes" section of the Houston Chronicle :

Grizzlies under review

The Vancouver Grizzlies' treatment of Rockets guard Steve Francis on Monday has drawn the interest of league officials.

Video screens showed a scene featuring Francis the Talking Mule. Later, a scene from the movie Stripes that included a Francis character was shown.

"You can't use the public address or the video boards to ridicule the referees or an opponent," NBA spokesperson Chris Brienza said. "There is a fine line between something being inappropriate and in good humor. It's something we would have to investigate."

The Rockets have not made a complaint, but because there has been publicity about the video scenes the league could investigate it.

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

2. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

They all play in Vancouver, thats punishment enough if you ask me. Poor bastards, I really feel for them. (I won't even go into talking about Bibby...ouch)

------------------
    GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!