1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grey Waived?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caddman, Jan 5, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

610 just reported that the Rockets waived Devin Grey(Gray?). Does this mean that someone is returning tomorrow? Or could they possibly be looking at bringing in another CBA'er?

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Ahh damn then this must be true...

3. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well who are they going to get to replace him on the roster. Today is the first day that you can sign guys to 10 day contracts. I have a feeling this is where Mack may come in (since it doesn't seem like he is going to Golden state), it is a hunch. If not, who are they picking up?

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Probably a power forward

5. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got it!!!!!!!

Chuckster's made an incredible recovery!!!

He's back!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with hoping.......

6. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Don't they need to open up a roster spot for Hakeem?

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I liked what I saw of him. He seemed to be a dead-on shooter (mainly free throws, I guess), and had a real strong build. Throw in the fact that he probably had something to prove, and I thought it might've been a nice combination. I would've liked to have seen more of him.

8. alaskansnowman

I agree <strong>completely</strong> with you Freak. And plus since we're a "rebuilding" team, we might as well try to rebuild with him. The only thing that this team has going for it is it's future. Everybody's talking about how good Cato will be later on, how good Francis/Mobley will be, and how good everyone else will be. Gray semed to show some promise; why not let him "develop" like we're doing with Cato?

Oh well. I HOPE RUDY HAS A DAMN GOOD REASON FOR WAIVING HIM. MAYBE WE'LL GET SOMEONE ELSE THAT'S GOOD.

9. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

I'm with yall. I liked his sturdy build although he was a little on the short side for a power forward. I liked what I saw and hope he gets picked up by another team.

Good look, Devin!

P.S. I think the last name is "Gray".

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

more than likely his waiving is due to timing..pretty soon anyone currently under contract becomes guaranteed through the end of the year...at the same time, you can start signing players to the 10 day contracts