1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gregg Popovich running for President

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wonderful, and pretty impressive considering that it's likely a spur-of-the-moment speech. Strong, unapologetic, direct and expressing oneself through a constitutional provided freedom that should never be taken for granted or suppressed - freedom to speak up and the duty to do so when the occasion call for it.

#1 Amiga, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Sorry, we've already been told that the opinions of smart people don't matter here. Not sure really what the reason for that was, I guess because they coach basketball? Maybe it had something to do with them not being 'in politics'? That's weird considering that Trump wasn't a politician either, but oh well.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Forget that it was Pop. What did he say that was incorrect?

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately. But I do hope people still watch the short 4 mins video or read the transcript.

As for the reason. I read a few things about it, in science. There is a very good reason for the rejection. People need affirmation of their self worth. When they tie their self worth to their views (often), it's hard to take in information that is against their view. It's a common defensive behavior known as information avoidance. They like to feel good about themselves, to feel in control and to hear things that resonate with how they see the world. To do that, they avoid new information that challenge their view. It's a very unfortunate strategy to protect the self worth that seems to be almost 2nd nature in human.

TheFreak likes this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think he was spot on.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Overrated. Sad!

Amiga likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow - that is why he is the best, he was spot on.....and why I find it incredible that people don't take what he said as who he is....that is who he is...

DD