1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greatest Speeches in History

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Nov 16, 2017.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Please take a trip through history and re familiarize yourself with some of the greatest speeches in history:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/08/01/the-35-greatest-speeches-in-history/

This gem is probably the next one to go into the history books:

"You look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me, it would have been so easy, and it’s not – as important as these lives are – nuclear is so powerful. My uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power, and that was 35 years ago, he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right. Who would have thought? But when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners – now it used to be three, now it’s four – but when it was three, and even now, I would have said: It’s all in the messenger. Fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s going to take them about another 150 years – but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators. So, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

-Trump, November 2017

TheFreak likes this.
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Apt:

To assail the great and admitted evils of our political and industrial life with such crude and sweeping generalizations as to include decent men in the general condemnation means the searing of the public conscience. There results a general attitude either of cynical belief in and indifference to public corruption or else of a distrustful inability to discriminate between the good and the bad. Either attitude is fraught with untold damage to the country as a whole. The fool who has not sense to discriminate between what is good and what is bad is well-nigh as dangerous as the man who does discriminate and yet chooses the bad. There is nothing more distressing to every good patriot, to every good American, than the hard, scoffing spirit which treats the allegation of dishonesty in a public man as a cause for laughter.

Such laughter is worse than the crackling of thorns under a pot, for it denotes not merely the vacant mind, but the heart in which high emotions have been choked before they could grow to fruition.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was there.

FranchiseBlade likes this.