1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greatest Moment of the 2000 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AntiSonic, Jul 10, 2000.

1. alaskansnowman

Yeah that dunk that Franchise did on Big Country was really tite.

I would add the first game that the Rox played against the Grizzlies as a great moment/game. Franchise really stepped it up and took it to another level against the Grizzlies and their fans.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

When we pass the damn stadium deal and keep the team in Houston.

------------------

3. Sweet P

Sweet P Member

Steve hitting the jumper in Vancouver to send that game into overtime allowing to Rox to pull out one of the most satisfying wins of the season. That game also featured some classic Barkley crowd baiting. Cupping his ear at the free throw line and begging them to heap it on as we beat them on their own court. That game was as enjoyable as it gets for a matchup between 2 non-playoff teams.

------------------
    "Someday I'd like to do something really meaningful with my life. Like burn Stockton to the ground!" - Henry Rollins

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Barkley taking Shaq down was my personal favorite moment of the year....period. I mean in all aspects of sports, TV, life in general!!!

Geeze, that is pathetic!

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------

5. insideout

insideout Contributing Member

When we beat the jazz at the end of the season to cap off that winning streak.. watching ma-drone and flopton do their schtick and yet the rocks still wupped up on their #$%! and see stevie trah-talking with malone all the way down court.. it just shows how far we're gonna be in a couple of years and how the jazzholes are gonna get older without any forseeable future in their god-forsaken town.

------------------
    rat-a-tat-tat, who lost a Cat?

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

How about Stevie Going home to DC and Throwing that violent dunk on Jahidi White and then Riding on his back

------------------
    Will Work for Clutch 101 Book

7. alaskansnowman

Ok here it goes...

*Stevie's monster flush on Jahidi

*First game against Vancouver, or should I say against the Vancouver fans, where Franchise took over

*The infamous game against the Lakers

*First game against Seattle in preseason- Stevie did a power dunk and did a chin up on the rim

*Barkley's last game - the offensive rebound and putback

*Barkley's fight with Shaq

*Francis dunk and ride on Sabonis

*Cato blocks Shaq twice

*last game against JaZZ

wat else is there.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

8. outlaw

outlaw Member

Walt Williams doing his best Tyson impression on Shawn Bradley.

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

outlaw- yeah, that was great seeing Walt jump up and knock the **** out of Bradley! I hope we keep him just for that... Well, that and his last month of the season rampage. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by AntiSonic (edited July 12, 2000).]