1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greatest duel of the Year: Mobley vs Vernon...tonight!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 4, 2000.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Two second rounders with fire. One Mad...another ready to make him more Mad.

I think in the end after Cuttino blows by Vernon in the glimpse of a nostalgic wink, and Max returns his own iso zoning to freeze Mobley, Payton is going to be the mad one...calling for ball, while Max again and again makes it personal with the kid in the NBA who most resembles his play.

Cuttino vs Vernon

iso coach, iso!

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited January 04, 2000).]

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Vernon has great defense and i dont think Cuttino should take him one on one.

Besides what has every ex rocket done to us this year, **** US UP!

I have a feeling maxwell will explode for 30.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I have a bad feeling about tonight's game. Payton and Maxwell are both great perimeter defenders who can probably bottle up our go-to guys.

4. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Either way I have to admit that I really care more about the type of game I see tonight
    (i.e. full of action, intense play, and lots of hussle) rather than if we win. If we don't win, I want the young guys to LEARN something from the guys that wooped 'em. You are only a LOSER if you don't learn anything in the process of defeat.

------------------
    The truth is out there... on the NET.

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

You got the feeling like these two are going to combine for about 10-15 turnovers each? Let's hope Cuttino remains under control.

------------------
    We don't need no stinking badges!!! We need some stinking WINS!!!

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What are we fearing hear Rockets fans? Don't be so passive. Remember one rule of basketball:

it's like pitching and hitting. In one-on-one situations, great offense always beats great defense.

No offence to my man Vernon's defense, but my man Cuttino is the fastest thing since Darrell Armstrong. He will be put in that company and beyond. Vernon and his bad knee can't keep up.

If Seattle attempts to stop Cuttino and Francis without double teams, they are not thinking like the rest of the league, that i've seen. Picks for Francis will be trapped, and Max will receive help guarded Cuttino. How they respond is the key to our future. Tip-off right now. Marking my words here.

Now, can we stop Payton and Maxwell...that's my whole point. This best dual of the year!!!

Don't underestimates the speed and desire of Cuttino. He's a star.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited January 04, 2000).]

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Mad Max vs. Mad Cat?!

Well, I wasn't even close with the turnover(5) estimate, but I think a combined 3-26 shooting and 2-15 from 3 point range from the two made up for it.

------------------
    We don't need no stinking badges!!! We need some stinking WINS!!!