1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great off-season so far, but anyone else worried about the TRUE ENEMY of the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OGKashMoney, Jul 19, 2007.

1. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Just got back from taking my Spanish midterm and am excited to see that we just robbed the NBA of Steve Francis for basically nothing! And after watching the Chan 2 interview of T-Mac, I'm really excited about the prospect of the Rockets in the upcoming season, however, is anyone else worried about the injury bug returning?

I'm still salivating at the idea of having Stevie Franchise back, running alongside T-Mac and Bonzi! However, along with the memories of Stevie Franchise, i remember the migraines that kept him out of games and the recent knee surgery. Keep in mind that we are adding him to a team with two superstars who have their own issues with the injury bugs. So far, the only complication that I see with the Rockets is the injury bug and maybe having another big on the team just for insurance purposes!

It's really important that our players stay healthy so they can use the season to get familiar with the new coach, system and teammates. But if the injury bug fails to return, imagine the possibilities! Great thing, however, is that we are better equipped than ever to deal with the injury problems b/c this team is DEEP! I can now see us up their with Phoenix, Dallas, and Detroit as far as interchangeable parts go!

SF, T-Mac Shane, Bonzi, and Yao on the floor at the same time! WOW! That could be an all-star team in its own right! Not to mention Scola, Hayes and James coming off the bench! WOW!

Anyone else thinking about all the awards we can win this season:

Defensive Player of the Year: Shane Battier
    Scoring Champ: T-Mac
    6th Man: Bonzi
    MVP: T-Mac or Yao
    Most Improved Player: Steve Novak (not sure if he can qualify)
    Southwest Division Champs: Houston Rockets
    Western Conference Champs: Houston Rockets
    NBA Champs: Houston Rockets

Only problem now is waiting another 3 months for the season to start! Great time to be a Rockets fan!

2. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

All I want is that last one, give me that and I'll be the happiest person in the world!

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Man, don't mention the "i" word. Bad mojo. Lock this up! :eek:

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Here's the thing, i don't give a flying fart who leads this team in any area. As long as we win, thats all that matters. SF3 is looking for a championship, he's looking to come home, he's looking to win.

truth be told, if steve plays only ten minutes a game, this is still a steal.

5. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

ROY: Scola :p

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

be interesting to see how Adelman keeps everyone happy and non-happy ones quite, and grumpy ones isolated in the dog house.

7. Dei

Dei Member

Tracy will never be scoring champ on a team this loaded. Scoring champs usually come from one-man teams.

Scola has a shot at ROY.

Mike, Steve, Bonzi all have shots at 6th man.

8. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Enemy #1: Injuries
    Enemy #2: Chemistry

9. rocketsmetalspd

Count me in on the last one also. This will be team in every sense of the word. No more it is on me, it takes five more like it(15 :D ).

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Enemy #1 Ego.....

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

SF, & Bonzi could get comeback player too

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Rockets still have no answer for Josh Howard. That guy is like kryptonite for the Rockets.

13. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I think Enemy #2 is legit, but we have a great Coach that is equipped with handling the situation. If you think back to his days as the head coach of the Kings, he had a pretty odd group of guys in that locker room and somehow managed to get it all working for like 5 years.

He had Mr and Mrs Christie, C-Webb, Bibby, Bo-Jackson and the last three loved to shoot the ball. So hopefully he can work that magic in Houston!

I feel like running around the streets of LA chanting "Lets Go Rockets!" *clap clap clap*!

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Well if the #1 perpetual enemy of the rockets is the Injury Bug, then the #1 combatant is creating a loaded roster like they've done this off season. It's already been said, but certainly should be reiterated that francis is added insurance for if, godforbid, the Injury Bug returns. As is Mike James. And Scola. And Bonzi if he continues to thrive under Adelman.

15. today

today Contributing Member

Mmmmm... Too many Eggos is never a problem =)

[​IMG]

16. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

With this much dept..... Injuries can be worked out

17. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Injuries can be worked out unless it's Yao or Tmac, which of course are our two most injury prone players.

18. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I have no doubt in my mind that we are better equipped than ever to handle injuries, but the only concern for me is that an injury to any key figure on this team (ie Yao, T-Mac, Bonzi, Scola, SF) would hurt the team in terms of chemistry. The only player I am not concerned about is Battier. I think he can comeback and fit in b/c he does all the little things for us. LETS GO ROCKETS!

19. drich

drich Member

man we need to lock this thread fast. don't want to start like this

20. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

1. Shane didnt even make 1st all Defense last year. Nor 2nd? If I recall. And without looking I dont think he ever has made first team.
    2. TMac will never ever ever lead the league in scoring with only Yao at his side. Much less Yao, Bonzi, James, Francis.
    3. Bonzi would have to be Bonzi of Sac and average 14 ppg. Not going to happen with the Rox.
    4. Yao probably wont ever be seen as the dominant player to win MVP. Tracy could if he really really puts up great numbers and the Rocks make some noise in the playoffs.
    5. Steve Novak will barely see the light of day. He is exactly what every Rocket draft pick becomes on this BBS. Dan Langhi, or Jason Collier, Badaine, or ect ect.