1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GREAT article about Bill Walton in today's NYT Magazine

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hopefully the permalink will give access to everyone:

http://nyti.ms/1XShgDq

an excerpt

2. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

i remember hating this dude because he and Tom Heinsohn would just go on and on about Hakeem for being a hothead and immature, even when he was lighting teams up for 30 points. To Walton's credit, he finally started giving Dream his respect in the championship years and he was positive about him from then on.

Walton just has such a strong possibility that you love him or hate him. But this article makes it clearer why he is the way he is. Health troubles can wreck anyone psychologically, and the way he's handled it has been admirable.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Walton is prone to hyperbole, but he knows how the game should be played. The fact that his son had an NBA career at all given his average(for a basketball player) physical attributes, is a testament of how he understood the game.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

While I have so many reasons not to like Bill Walton, I love Bill Walton.

He knows the game. But more importantly, he knows the truth of life. He's always in the moment when he is with you. And he absorbs that moment in such a way that he can relate it to something bigger and more important in life. You would think he's a talker because he never shuts up, but he's a listener. He absorbs everything around him. So much positive energy. I can listen to him talk for hours and when I'm done, I have rethought my relationships with my parents and life with new perspective.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

failure of his spine?

I never realized he had back issues. I always thought he was plagued with feet/leg issues.

He annoyed me growing up, but since he left the NBA broadcasting world, I have kinda missed the "throw it down, big man, throw it down."

6. BackdoorHarden

Walton is 500x better than Mark Jackson

THROW IT DOWN