1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gray waived, WHO CARES!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SpEnCeR, Jan 5, 2000.

1. SpEnCeR

SpEnCeR Member

I don't get why everyone is making a big deal about this! He was only with the team for a few weeks and only played about three games! He meant nothing to this team!

2. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

because man, this site was made for rumors and game action this is the biggest news we had in weeks.what else are we gonna talk about.

3. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Perhaps if you care about the team, you care about the moves the team makes and the players. I thought Devin did good with the limited time he received. Someone else will probably pick him up. The other coaches seem to respect the Rockets eye for talent and grab up our ex-players and ex-CBA players after we have taught them. Of course, Devin wasn't here long enough to be trained much but it's a feather in his hat to have been picked up and a steppingstone at least for his future opportunities.

4. SpEnCeR

SpEnCeR Member

I guess your right Brahma. What else are we gonna talk about.

5. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

I care because I liked watching the guy play, well mainly I liked the ease with which he stroke his free throws.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

The majority of us don't, but is that reason to start a 4th topic about the monumentous release of Devin Gray!!

I would totally understand if it was Hakeem, Francis or HELL even Bullard!!!

Is everyone that desperate to post a topic that this is the outcome?

Geez. Sorry, someone had to say something.

------------------
    We don't need no stinking badges!!! We need some stinking WINS!!!

7. popeye

popeye Member

Well for my two cents worth .....

He was released because:

1. We don't need him now. We have his role covered. He was redundant.
    2. He has to be formally released to be given the opportunity to legally return to the CBA team he was optioned from earlier.
    3. It was no surprise to him or anyone else involved.
    4. The most important reason ... the Rockets management who read this BBS, wanted to create another never-ending debate over another inane subject. For reference see the "KJ for PG?" from last year.

[​IMG]

[This message has been edited by popeye (edited January 06, 2000).]