1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Graphic offense. A look at Usage and PER Mid-Season..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Jan 26, 2010.

1. anchel

anchel Member

Some things to keep in mind:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought that was very interesting...

2. anchel

anchel Member

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

So whats the weekend weather forecast?

4. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

didnt read ,but JT is my boy whether you like it or not

5. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Get evaluated son.

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That chart shows Lowry, Hayes, and Battier need more minuted. So the obvios starting lineup should be Brooks, Lowry, Battier, Hayes, and one of Scola/Landry.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Battier and Hayes are very efficient, but they do very little. Ariza does more than Battier and Hayes, but there are a lot of wasted possessions there. Brooks wastes some possessions, but does produce. Scola produces good for a high usage.

Landry is most efficient high usage player. Budinger has a worse ratio of PER/Usage than I would have thought. Lowry doesn't have a very high usage and makes the most out of his usage.

#7 Joe Joe, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Why do Hayes and Battier need more minutes? Their usage is so low that even with having a great PER/Usage ratio.....their PER is still well below average.

9. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

By the title, I thought this was the thread about Greg Oden's penis, I mean doo-rag.

10. jopatmc

Let me rephrase. Lowry needs to drive, shoot, and dish more, and to do more of that, he's got to be on the floor more minutes.

Chuck, obviously, is not inefficient offensively. He should look for that dribble drive more.

Obviously, Trevor needs to pass, pass, pass, cut, cut, cut.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

WTF!?!?!....Okay :confused:

--RB

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Brian Cook needs more minutes.

Are you listening, Adelman?

13. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

First, excellent find. This seems to confirm what we already know:

1. The Rockets top four players are AB, Landry, Scola and Lowry. These guys are the core, the foundation of red nation and the reason why the Rockets are above 0.500 despite lacking Yao and Mac.

2. No one in the Rox is playing like a superstar. What we have is a collection of solid to good players, but I don't think anyone on the roster has Cp3, LBJ type potential. As such, even if we have a good core of guys, none of them should be untouchable in trades if the returns nets us a superstar (or two).

3. For all the hype he's gotten, C-bud has produced only marginally better than our whipping boy Trevor Ariza. I guess RA wasn't that off-kelter when he kept giving Ariza PT. Who knew?

4. Even at playing only 7 mins a game AND still recovering from injury, Tmac has played better than Ariza, something that I have been pointing out all along and all the Tmac bashers refuse to see. He was the best option we had at the three, sending him home was NOT conducive to winning more games. Well he's gone now and our offense hasn't taken off at all. In fact, it looks even more stupid than normal :rolleyes:

15. jopatmc

Hate to say it, but I agree with you on #4. As long as Ariza plays the way he does and he continues to try to dribble and create, we are better off having McGrady in there instead of not. Ariza is trying to imitate McGrady's game without anywhere near the skillset or court vision McGrady has. We would be better off, offensively at least, with having Budinger out there instead of Ariza, or at least having Budinger handle instead of Ariza.

Ariza should NEVER be the primary or 2nd primary ball handler on the floor. There should always be two primary ball handlers on the floor with him that take the responsibility for the primary ball handling duties. Whether that falls to Brooks and Lowry, or Brooks and Budinger, or Lowry and Budinger, two out of 3 of Brooks/Lowry/Budinger should be on the floor at all times. UNTIL WE MAKE A TRADE! Or bring McGrady back!

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

First the breakdown of Greg Oden's penis.... now this. :eek:

Your on a roll! :grin:

17. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

wow, does brian cook really have negative production?

18. tmacROX1

tmacROX1 Member

i cant tell anything from that chart ;)

19. bbjai

bbjai Member

If we don't make a trade noone expects him to play, although that would also not be conduicive to winning. No matter what DD may say, Chase is not going to play better then McGrady. Von Wafer maybe, but Chase no.