1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Grantland] Duane Browne Story told by Ephraim Salaam

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by 713, Apr 25, 2013.

1. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LdN_rNEoBQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Amazing now that Duane Browne is the best LT in the NFL...

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Wow, can't imagine D. Brown literally crying after each game in the locker room because he felt so overwhelmed and outclassed by opposing players..amazing what a few years did. Now clearly among the best at his position.

3. 45souf

45souf Member

He paid his dues, and now he is THE best LT in the Business...

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Great story

5. Summer Song Giver

Just wanted to say that I really miss the days of Salaam, Pitts, Weary and Hutchison.

6. conquistador#11

. how are you going to tell that story about duane crying ? that's just wrong, yo.

7. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Can't think of another LT I would want rather than DB right now. Would take him over Thomas, Clady or Long imo.

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm sure that motivated him to become the player he is now. Some guys would have lost confidence and just thought they weren't good enough to make it in the NFL, or settled on being a decent backup.

I do remember the stories about Duane getting a "baptism by fire" and that rough opening schedule in '08.

9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

Browne tho? sometimes i think you guys do this on purpose..

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

The story would have the same effect without including that he cried. That's not cool, imo.

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

i bet hes man enough to be okay with ppl knowing he cried

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not to me. I doubt most people think many of these players are human or care enough to get that worked up over getting beat like a drum, especially since they get paid. The part about him crying makes it even better because you know to what level he dropped but didn't give up. Hopefully Brown doesn't care because he's got nothing to be ashamed of.