1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grant Hill?....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FastBreak2K, Nov 25, 1999.

Tags:
  1. FastBreak2K

FastBreak2K Member

Why hasn't anyone given thought about getting Grant Hill? I mean, he is a free-agent next year, and I think that he will not stay in Detroit. Rockets should try to acquire him so that their small-forward position will be strong and deep.....

2. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

I seriously doubt we'll have the money. You're right though, no way he stays in Detroit, Stackhouse in my mind has turned out to be a bust and the other good players they had, they just let them slip away. I would want out of that hell hole too.

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

FastBreak2K:

What do you suggest we give up for him? Nothing short of Francis could get him in a Rocket uniform via trade.

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

HAKEEM AND WALT WILLIAMS!

Would you guys do it?

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Yea, I am sure the Pistons would be ecstatic to give up the cornerstone of their franchise for a 37 year old vet taking up $10 million of cap space (they are trying to clear cap room to make a push at Jalen Rose this summer), and a $5 million -------(fill in the blank) player. A deal like that for the Pistons would just send them in the opposite direction..

6. FastBreak2K

FastBreak2K Member

I would give up;
    1.Walt Williams
    2.Bryce Drew
    3.Matt Bullard( Detriot always wanted him in the past, may be good fit for them)
    4.Kenny Thomas
    5.1st round draft pick

for;
    1.Grant Hill
    2. 2nd Round Draft Pick( Since al the Rockets first round picks have turned out into busts, their 2nd round picks have helped the most in the past and now in the present, (for example; Othella Harrington, Cuttino Mobley)

7. Rocket Dawg

Rocket Dawg New Member

Dump our scrubs for one of the top 5 players in the league? Uh...yeah...not gonna happen...

8. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

We can get Duncan and Grant at the same time, actually it's very easy to do so.

First we have to realize that Duncan's got a ring already, but Grant hasn't. So Grant must be seeking for a contending team, and if we get Duncan, along with Francis that is helluva team right there. Orlando stands no chance compared to Houston in getting Grant, they have money but no players to realize Grant's dream. The Bulls only has money too and play for Jerry Crause is like playing for Satan, if Grant goes to Oralndo it's better to stay in Detroit. So the key is to get Duncan first.

Duncan said before the arena voting he needed to see the result at first, but after the arena voting he said he needed more time to think about signing an extension with the Spurs. That tells us it's very possible to get him.

The catch is that we must have enough money to accommodate these two, and the hope relies on Hakeem. We should trade Hakeem to the Spurs through a forced sign and trade after we persuaded Duncan by promising everything he wants in the future. After we get Duncan everything will be easy, we should tempt Grant to play for the Rockets using Francis and Duncan as baits, Grant is dreaming to kiss the ring and he would definitely say yes, if he bolts, we will just force another sign and trade for Grant with Cato and Willaims, which would be 12 millions a year. o O (hm... no wonder the Rox signed Cato a fat and inflated deal...)

Steve Francis!
    Shandon Anderson!
    Grant Hill!
    Tim Duncan!
    Thomas Hamilton!

That's it, off we go for 7 consequtive championships!

---------------------------------------------
    Name of drama: A Winter Midnight's Dream

9. napster

napster Member

Next, lets get either Shaq or Zo, and as back up, the Western Conference All Stars....

[This message has been edited by napster (edited November 25, 1999).]

10. Fianl....Explain to me exactly why Tim Duncan would want to come to Houston, who is 3-10, with a serious arena issue (leaving town) who is definately not a power house for at least a while, and leave the top team in the West, and defending world champs???

BTW: Again Ill say this....The Rox will NOT have the money to go after any free agents after this season (when Grant and Duncans contracts are up). They would of had a good chunk of change once Hakeem retired, but Cato's deal ate up about 3/4 of it.

[This message has been edited by thedreamshake99 (edited November 25, 1999).]

11. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Well. TDS, probably because Houston's more prettier girls and is close to Galveston. Duncan grew up in a small island you know. [​IMG]

Seriously I just know that Duncan doesn't incline to stay in San Antonio. BTW That thing is a horsing around product as I felt like writing.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sometimes I really have to wonder about the trade proposals you guys put out there... good God. Haha.

Just because we give them half our team and all our draft picks for the next 5 years doesn't make it a good deal... [​IMG]

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

13. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Anyone ever think of actually just keeping some of the players we have so we can build some chemistry for the next season?!!

Jeeez!

As nice as it would be to add Grant Hill to the roster, I think the Rockets need some true role players. I say we try and bring back Othella since Chuck will be a goner next season.

------------------
    There is no offense without a good defense.