1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grant Hill or Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Dec 9, 2014.

Tags:
?

Pick 1

1. Kevin Durant

116 vote(s)
    81.1%
  2. Grant Hill

27 vote(s)
    18.9%
  1. what

what Member

In their prime, who was the better player?

2. what

what Member

Grant Hill
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VEeYFH-qlvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kevin Durant
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GIFiWKFSsh0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Grant Hill and it's not even close. Complete player. Nothing he couldn't do. He was all world everything.

4. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Hill was a sight to see. He was as fast as a point guard but could dunk and rebound very well. I think in his prime he averaged 25/6/5 on close to 50% shooting and he was close to perfecting a turnaround J.
    I wished he never decided to play on an injured ankle in the playoffs. He should have went the Duncan route.

Durant is the better shooter but its still a tossup in my opinion. Hill was much more versatile.

5. what

what Member

I think some people here are too young to remember how dominant Grant Hill was. He nearly averaged a triple double 2 years in a row.

It's certainly closer than the poll shows.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'll go with Durant, because his scoring is so elite. I don't think the rest of what Grant Hill makes up the difference. Especially since Durant has developed into a decent passer and defender himself.

But Hill was a great player. Not as elite of a scorer, but a better ball-handler, passer and defender.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hill was great all around, but he didn't have range and wasn't an elite scorer.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll take Durant. Dude's going to go down as one of the greatest scorers ever. It's pretty close, though.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sounds right to me.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Hard to say since KD is still in his prime, but I have to go with Grant Hill. I never got to see him play but it seems like he was the heir apparent to Jordan. He put up numbers like 23ppg, 9rpg, 7apg and played excellent defense. He was a freak and one of a kind talent in his healthy days.

If KD keeps putting up 30+ppg seasons and plays another 12 years or so, he has an outside chance of breaking the point record.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Very sad to see. Hill, McGrady, and Penny Hardaway are 3 of the players who I personally felt could have become top 10-15 players of all time had they stayed healthy.

But to the OP's question: it's Durant. This guy will go down as arguably the greatest scorer of our generation.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The answer is obvious. Durant. So why was this question ever posed?

13. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

why was it posed? Because Grant Hill was really damn good. A one man wrecking crew who would crossover from the 3 point line then dunk over 2 of your big men with the right hand. Then get a triple double.

Also the league these days seems to really favor the perimeter offensive player. You can't breathe on them, and stars, forget about it... you don't even have to breathe, they will flop anyway.

Grant Hill balled in the 90s, so his stats weren't inflated from the whistles and rules of the nba of today. This has to be taken into account when comparing the two players.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

how old are you?

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Never had the pleasure of watching Hill in his prime. What do the responses to this thread have to say about Durant's MVP season that Hill was better? Have our MVPs been underwhelming?

16. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Durant going to be passing Jordan/Kobe at the end of his career in PTS for sure.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think I voted Grant Hill by accident. I appreciate what Grant Hill could do in his first 5 years in the league. But the answer is of course Kevin Durant.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

KD will go down as one of the greatest scorers ever. Grant Hill was a great player, but he never came close to KD's offensive prowess.

19. awc713

awc713 Member

Voted Durant, sad that Hills career was full of injuries towards the end. Weird, but that mix only had dunks. How was Hills shot?

Ps that cross on MJ was nasty

20. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Lmao...if KD starts having injury problems like Hill, he won't go down as anything.