1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grain of Salt- Mutombo Back to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dandorotik, Dec 18, 2008.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I mean, he's a good friend of his, so maybe he knows something others don't.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basket...18/rivers_confirms_teams_interest_in_mutombo/

ATLANTA - Coach Doc Rivers confirmed yesterday the Celtics were interested in free agent center Dikembe Mutombo.

But he predicted Mutombo would return to Houston.

Asked if he had talked with Mutombo, Rivers replied, "Always. He's a good friend. He's going to come back. I talked to him last week - he will come back.

"We're over the [salary] cap so it's tough for us to do a lot of stuff, but we're looking at everybody."

Yesterday, Mutombo attended a United Nations presentation of a Ben Affleck-directed film about refugees in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mutombo's home country.

"I told [Affleck] that I might play in his hometown," Mutombo said in a telephone interview. "He said, 'Come, we'd love to have you.' He's a really nice guy."

Mutombo said he plans to sign with a team after Christmas.

"My agent, David Falk, has talked to the Celtics," he said. "I'm also getting interest from other teams to contribute on [the floor] and on the bench as a mentor."

2. FFz

FFz Member

how does one article give us a ray of hope and also kick us in the balls at the same time?

I hope he comes back. He would definitely affect winning more than Von Wafer or brent barry.

3. Avicenna76

Avicenna76 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mzm2f18AVaQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mzm2f18AVaQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

C'mon... sign the old man already! He did this to Shaq and Amare not long ago...

4. worzel gummidge

Before the season began Adelman was talking about playing Barry at PG in the 4th quarter. If his shot starts falling he's not just a perfect fit for the Adelman but the Rockets. In recent years limiting turnovers has been a greater issue than the shooting as bad as that has been.

5. Precision340

Precision340 Member

also rebounding.. we need rebounders

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

seems that at this point he's the best big available.

if there was another option (trading luther or steve) i'd look into it. hopefully that's what morey's doing.

7. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I'm almost sure Morey has something up his sleeve......we'll see. Lets be patient and give him credit...

8. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

I think there was an agreement made during the offseason to bring Deke back. And I wouldn't be surprised if a trade was made to make room for him.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

We want Deke and his finger back.

10. battousai

battousai Member

Les and Morey should realized that just for the sake of not letting Celtics signed deke is enough of a reason for us to sign him no matter what.

Celtics is running great and playing good ball, but playoffs is another story. They lost posey who bring them toughness and dirty work defense. However, Celtics will sorely be missing a lockdown defender like posey, who can lock down Kobe-alike?

Celtics is also lacking inside height presense when they go against the lakers. The christmas game will tell the truth.

11. joesr

joesr Member

I think you over estimate Posey when comparing his def on Kobe because frankly Kobe is scoring.

12. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

lol i think that was aaron brooks' impression of deke at the end

13. jae713

jae713 Member

I love his strut walk after his first walk.

14. jae713

jae713 Member

Oops... I mean after his first block

15. cujo

cujo Member

Man, I really like Deke!. I hope we pick him up and not let him go to Celtics. But if he does, he deserves a ring.

16. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xn6xcY752B0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xn6xcY752B0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

THEY LOVE HIM!!!!!! SIGN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

You guys saw this article?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl...kn/6170131.html

Les says he won't sign Mutumbo unless he can cut 2.5M from the team payroll to not pay LT. Only way for him to go further into LT would be if he had an opportunity to get a great player, says Mutumbo is good but not great enough to go pay LT for, exactly the reason Boston won't sign him.

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

19. Joe Rz

Joe Rz Member

I forgot how much I miss seeing Deke play for the Rockets.We must sign him!

How come his jersey is green at the end? :confused:

20. comehere2

comehere2 Member

we need another big man and him.