1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Graham opens investigation into Bidens

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Nov 22, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

YEAH BABY!!! MOAR DRAMA!!!!!

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What a clown. Falling into Nunes / Jordan territory.

RayRay10, FranchiseBlade and ROXTXIA like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know what happened to Lindsey Graham. Not that I was ever a fan, per se, but he seemed the sort of dude who'd be fun to chat up at a barbecue, as long as you skipped politics. But he has really taken his place at the Flavor Aid barrel (Jim Jones was too cheap to serve Kool Aid; it was actually Flavor Aid).

All Trump wanted was for Ukraine to say, We're investigating the Bidens. Not actually investigate. What would that matter? If you lie often enough about Barack Obama and his birth certificate then the truth isn't important.

Since his organ grinder monkeys in the impeachment hearings only landed glancing blows, he's enlisted one of his head chimps to launch an investigation that probably has nothing to investigate. It's the Canuck letter, of course. Get the public to follow the bouncing ball, not let the ball bounce away while watching the culprit scoot into the opposite direction under the black ink cloud it squirted.

Jordan took one too many falls to the mat. Without his protective head gear. Even Boehner called him an ***hole.

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I guess people like graham are thinking that they will be gone when history looks at their actions... but their children and grandchildren will have to live through the shame.

Deckard and JuanValdez like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Article paywalled. What's the basis? Is it all about Burisma and even servers? Not a good look after Fiona Hill's testimony, but Lindsey gonna Lindsey. He is in the thrall of King Orange, and I honestly wonder if Trump has some dirt on him. So odd.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he only became a trump suck-up after his friend john mccain died. too much of a scared coward to come out while mccain was still alive.

its really pathetic and transparent. for him and the other republicans its all about keeping their seat. they are all terrified of trumps cult-like supporters and thats really all there is to it.

This was his opinion of trump way back in 2015

"he's a race-baiting, xenophobic religious bigot."

"He doesn't represent my party. He doesn't represent the values that the men and women who are wearing the uniform are fighting for."

"I'm not gonna try to get into the mind of Donald Trump because I don't think there's a whole lot of space there. I think he's a kook. I think he's crazy. I think he's unfit for office,"

this last one is especially bizarre b/c this is what he said recently..."You know what concerns me about the American press is this endless, endless attempt to label the guy as some kind of kook, not fit to be president."

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It makes sense. Republicans are corrupt, anti American, and shameless but they aren’t stupid. They fight in the mud, and understand propaganda, and information warfare.

There is no reason to believe they are actually going to ever issue a report or recommendation to the DOJ for an indictment. It’s about coverage and conspiracy for FoxNews. The more vague and conspiratorial it can be for as long as it can be is good for the Republicans and their base of cult following tin foil hat lunatics.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dirt, or, Where did all that unaccounted-for inauguration money go? I don't mean to be That Guy, but some of these dudes have really sold their souls (if they ever had one). Nunes even went to Ukraine and worked with the indicted Lev Parnas on digging up something. He's no intellect, but he can't believe all that b.s.?

10. justtxyank

Yes, it's about Burisma. He has requested the Dept. of State turn over all of Biden's call records to Ukraine.

11. dobro1229

I’ve said this before too that I do actually believe that investigating Trump prior to getting elected by the FBI was the right thing, and I would approve of the FBI investigating a Dem candidate as well to ensure a criminal is not elected.

I think it’s silly to have to waste time on a former VP and Senator for decades who has released his taxes and other financial records, but if it takes that to clear him for the candidacy, so be it.

But the FBI doing this confidentially vs a politically motivated propaganda effort is bizarre and should cost the Republicans with independent voters.

It’s insane how the Democrats have to have such a high bar to not lose voter opinion on something obviously right to do like inquiring about impeachment for Trump but the Republicans just do the most ridiculously insane crap and their voters get a hard on for them because of it.

RayRay10 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So are they going to investigate the Republican senators who signed off on a statement that Viktor Shokin was corrupt and needed to be removed? Or the IMF? The EU? Our own intelligence agencies?

AleksandarN likes this.
  13. justtxyank

There's no sex in the FBI investigating it and finding nothing.

You need a committee investigation so you can have Senators make ominous statements on tv, misrepresent their own findings in their own reports, etc. without consequence.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Like Reagan was for Iran/Contra, Biden is unfit to stand trial.

15. dobro1229

Exactly. See: Benghazi and Hillary’s emails

Why do people think Trump was wanting Ukraine and not the United States Justice Department to investigate Biden?? Obviously because the facts aren’t what they want and what helps them. Propaganda and conspiracy theories do.

16. dobro1229

Thats ridiculous. The reason why Trumps DOJ does NOT put people like Biden and Hillary on trial is because in this country we still honor a right to trial, and people like Bill Barr know how embarrassed they would be with an obvious defeat if the facts weren’t overwhelming.

Trumps own attacks on political opponents and his involvement with the AG on these investigations also taints any potential trial with a 12 person jury who don’t live under rocks.

Bidens fitness to stand trial is a ridiculous concept. If you think he wouldn’t have great lawyers and a jury who would automatically be skeptical of the charges you are kidding yourself.

AleksandarN and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. fchowd0311

This is a great point that I've been touching on also. He didn't send federal agents and diplomats, he sent a private tv loon lawyer.

That in itself is clear evidence that he knew there wasn't enough evidence for an official warrent and since his intent wasn't to seek actual corruption but rather a political narrative for 2020, he sent Rudy ****ing Gullianni. That is probably the most obvious evidence of intent that this was for personal reasons and not the reasons of US criminal justice.

#17 fchowd0311, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    dobro1229 and FrontRunner like this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Glad to hear it. I don't think they'll find anything worthwhile, but I did feel sorry for all the crying Republicans who wanted to subpoena Hunter Biden. Please one of our breitbart-reading friends, bump this thread when Graham makes his report public -- I'm sure my crooked MSM won't want me to hear about it.

19. justtxyank

I wonder if Senate Republicans will subpoena the Bidens in the impeachment trial. Is that even allowed?

20. fchowd0311

It's up to Chief Justice Roberts. He might play a key role in the trial not allowing the GOP to do their usual bad faith bs schemes in the Senate.