1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grading Rockets/Pistons trade ESPN insider

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketballin, Feb 18, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I couldn't remember who Pelton was. I don't really read ESPN much at all anymore, except to read actual quotes from players/coaches...

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously we got worse since we gave up two players for an asset that won't help us until June at the earliest, but I think it's a decent trade considering DMo's back issues and his inability to stay on the court. We aren't winning **** this season anyway, so I'm fine with going back to asset collection mode until another window opens.

I'm more disappointed in the trades we didn't make (Lawson, Brewer and Jones specifically).

1 person likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are the true great Bob(by)

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Morey is trying to win a championship. If this team played anything like they were playing last year he would have kept everyone. They decided to play like scrubs so he is going forward with trying to do the thing that increases championship odds.

5. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

I said no such thing. I just said that nothing better was going to happen, and we did something helpful for the offseason. We tried to make a splash, but Dwight wouldn't opt into his final year, and without him doing that we couldn't get a frontcourt player and a 1st rounder in return.

I'm assuming that you think that we got worse somehow. Please explain how losing D-Mo who can't get on the court enough to matter and losing Thornton really hurts us, or, conversely, how keeping them would have made the season better?