1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GP vs Franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IndianPlaya, Jan 3, 2000.

1. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

I cannot wait until tomorrow to the Steve Francis play Gary Payton. I remember last time they faced off Francis kept taking Payton and I still remember one play where he crossed Payton so bad Bill Worell said " Oohhhhhhh. Payton looks like he is stuck in concrete". I hope that there is a lot more of the same tomorrow night.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Francis needs a to take over a couple of games. He needs a couple of games over 30 pts in which he can still get 6 assists. It probably won't happen against GP, but it would be nice.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Francis can score 30 if he wants too. He said it himself. But he looks to get his teammates involved first. He is a winner, I like players like that.

GP will try to get in his head alot tomorrow night but francis will try not to let him do anything.

But i would love to see francis cross his ass over again and the whole compaq center crowd will be laughing at gp.

4. popeye

popeye Member

Francis is without a doubt everything and more that we imagined. He is a mature PG who is very,very coachable even in this, his first year in the big thicket.

I have seen a lot of players, and this young man has all he the abilities to be a superstar for a long, long time.

Gary Payton wishes he had Stevie's moves at game number thirty-one of his career.

5. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Steve Francis definitely has a ton of more moves that GP, except GP has better defense. I wish that Steve would take over games more often though. The last time he did was against San Antonio when he scored 27 points, although he did not score in the fourth quarter. It would be awesome if he dominated GP in their second meeting.

6. alaskansnowman

<h1>TWU DAT</h1>