1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gotta Love that Classy Roger Clemens

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Oct 22, 2000.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't care if I used to go to his house during Halloween when he lived in Katy, the guy's turned into an ass.

First he beans Piazza in the head back in July, then he throws Piazza's broken bat at him as he runs down the firstbase line.

I'm still trying to figure out why he wasn't ejected.

------------------
    When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of yourself and umption.

visit www.swirve.com

2. hakkalugi

hakkalugi Member

Do you think if Roger had been trying to throw that bat at Piazza, he would have missed? HELL NO!

------------------
    9email)heightsballbusters@hotmail.com(/email)

3. Nomar

Nomar Member

yep. i saw that. i wasnt really surprised by his actions, seing as he plays for the YANKEES. damn the yankees. go sox. series champs 2001

------------------
    The next time I have meat and mashed potatoes, I think I'll put a very large blob of potatoes on my plate with just a little piece of meat. And if someone asks me why i didn't get more meat, ill just say, "Oh, you mean this?" and pull out a big piece of meat from inside the blob of potatoes, where ive hidden it. Good magic trick, huh?

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Nomar u need to stop smoking whatever the hell youve been smoking lately [​IMG] The Yankees are going to win it this year, and every year until they do something about a salary cap. I heard the Yankees are even going to try to get Manny Ramirez from the Indians.

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

If this would have happened during the regular season, Clemens would have been ejected. Just another slice of proof that money and TV ratings rule everything. [​IMG]

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It was obvious to me it was just a gut reaction. He already had a riff with Piazza before that happened. The bat came flying at him in pieces and he obviously overreacted thinking it was on purpose. I think he knew he was wrong afterwards. Haven't you ever done anything on instinct that you later regretted? That is the case here I do believe. Well, he said he didn't even know Piazza was running where he threw the bat so....but some how it didn't come across that way when he threw the bat.

Yes, I think he would have been ejected if the bat hit Piazza regardless. I kind of wish he would have been ejected anyway. Would have made for a more interesting game that way. Instead, it was just domination by Clemens.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Surfguy (edited October 23, 2000).]

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yeah baby!!

------------------
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and pimp-slap the mother****** upside the head!

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Where is the video of this play? I haven't caught it yet.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

To me, it looked like he was not trying to throw it at him. It appeared he was walking up to him to apologize.

------------------
    ...out with the old, in with the new...

10. dc sports

dc sports Member

They showed it this morning. Clemens was looking toward the dugout, ahead of Piazza, and tossed it underhanded low to the ground toward the dugout where they were collecting the rest of the bat. He looked a little surprised when it almost hit Piazza. I think he was just frustrated, and was trying to clear the bat off the field, not paying attention to the runner.

If it helps the case, Mayor Rudolph Gulianni was on the morning show, and was asked about it. He had a seat on the front row, and had a good view of the incident. He didn't think there was any malicious intent. But then, he was rooting for the Yankees. [​IMG]

------------------
    Stay Cool...