1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gotta give major props to Cuban

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Jun 12, 2011.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

fixed for you with respect to alexander

2. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Has Nash won a ring? Has he been to finals?

With Nash's inability to defend, letting him walk was actually beneficial

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

More like gotta give major props to Alexander.

Cuban cashing in on defeat with a 'can't beat em, join em' by hiring rosas. pretty telling.

and I said it many times before too. I am so glad cuban is NOT our owner. Face it guys.. cuban parlayed a lucky pick by don nelson. nothing more. cuban is a joke.

4. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

As much as I hate everything associated with the ****ty city that is Dallas I gotta disagree with you. Cuban is a great owner that I think most teams would love to have.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Late to this thread. But why would you give props to Cuban. He ripped apart a championship team to create a probable low pick in the lottery.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

More like cuban is an owner that would love to have morey and the rockets squad. Instead he settled for dalembert and rosas. That's *kinda* like having the rockets

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah he ripped apart a team because he was a cheapass that has no cap skills and his final ownage was hiring one of our guys.

He got lucky pick in dirk. Period.

8. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Because the thread is from two years ago, when everyone was on the Cuban bandwagon after they beat the Heat. This has been nothing but a "now eat crow, suckas!!" necrobump...

1 person likes this.
  9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Fck Mark Cuban

10. Raven

Raven Member

I wish Cuban owned the Astros or Texans, but I am perfectly fine with Les owning the Rockets. Remember, Les made a bold move in hiring Morey. There was a lot of background noise over that, and the critics were loving those 14th draft pick seasons, but now every team is jumping on the Moreyball train, and Les has been vindicated.

1 person likes this.
  11. pippsux

pippsux Member

Not a fan, Cuban and the mavs got what they deserve, Monte Ellis.

12. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

This thread makes me laugh. I mean to read all the posts right after the Mavs won everyone is praising Cuban for his willingness to do whatever it took to bring the Mavs a championship.

Now in present day he is getting blasted for breaking up the championship team in order to try and get a superstar for Dirk to pair up with to win even more championships.

Cuban did not believe that 2011 team could go through another grind to win another championship. If you have been following the players he let go he was probably right. As good as Chandler was in Dallas he has been very mediocore with the Knicks. The only reason he won defensive player of the year in his first year with the Knicks is because he was riding the image that he had built in Dallas.

So even if you believe Chandler should have been signed to stay in Dallas the fact is Chandlers stats show he has not been great since then. If you go on any Knicks boards you will see how fed up a lot of fans are with his play. He is very overrated since Dallas. Also to be fair Mark Cuban offered Chandler a 1 year 20 million offer. That is a lot of money for just one year.

So while you can bash Cuban all you want the fact is you can't praise him for taking risks then bash him for doing that exact same thing.

Morey is doing a great job in Houston but the fact remains that Houston was an 8th seed last year and all they did was upgrade their center position really. Asik is a damn good center and Howard is better but is he such a big upgrade that you jump from 8th seed to championship material. Sorry afraid not. Houston will be a good team but the West is stacked and at the end of the day you got to beat Miami. I just don't see this Houston team getting that done. Good yes, but not champions.

13. Granville

Granville Member

Mark Cuban is a douchebag. He tries to act like the hip owner who is down with the players. Truth be told, the players likely view him as a grade a dork, which he is. All this greatest owner in the league talk was garbage and it's pretty apparent when no superstar free agents want to play for his team these days.

I wouldn't want him running any of our teams even the clown show Jim Crane is running. Les Alexander and Bob McNair are much better owners than Cuban is.

1 person likes this.
  14. Granville

Granville Member

Why would you take Cuban over Bob McNair?

15. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

Mark Cuban in no way acts like he is "hip". He talks about how big of a nerd he is all the time. The guy is basically a filthy rich fan of the Mavericks. He loves his team not because he sees them as a source of income but because he sat courtside watching them get their asses kicked for so long he finally said "F**** this I am buying this team and making them a winner". He loses money on the Mavs all the time just so they can win.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I would disagree. Mark Cuban is a great owner. I would love to have him as an OWNER. Mark Cubans biggest problem is he's too busy playing GM. If he would be hands off, he would be terrific.

17. Jpar212

Jpar212 Member

He has a new GM now so he won't be playing GM.

18. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bull****.... He used to practice with the players.

19. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he can seperate the 2. The jury will be out on that one.

20. Raven

Raven Member

This season, if the Texans went 9-7, and missed the playoffs by one game, and the team had no major injuries, would Uncle Bob fire Kubiak? Would Uncle Bob instruct the FO to draft a QB with upside? Because I think Cuban would do both.