1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gordon needs to sit .

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Mar 28, 2017.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If we want to win the the playoffs, players are going to have to step up . You won't know who until the actual post-season starts ... But you can make a guess based off who is playing well going in.

Well, our boy EG aim playing so hot . It's not just the shooting , but the shooting sure isn't helping .

EG in December was a sight to behold. A legit two way player who could lay claim to being one of the best shooters in the league. Beyond that , he had a strong slashing game and could take you to the hoop.

The the subsequent months, that dude has been gone far too often . And like I said , it's not just the shooting . He's been playing out of control . Maybe he was always out of control , but hey when you shoot 45+ percent, teams are going to have to play you differently .

This dude needs time off to get his body right . I don't think he's proven to be a guy that can play through little nicks and pangs. The flip side is that if he can get his mind and body right he can be our second best player.

Bottom line , is this team can contend , but we are going to need all of our bullets . EG can be a silver bullet for us , but not unless he can find the form he had earlier on in the year . The best chance to get him to that place is to give him some time off .

ramotadab likes this.
  2. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

I'm not here to bag on the man he definitely needs to step up, but I find it hilarious how there were folks here saying he could do the same things as Klay Thompson earlier in the year when he dropped 60 in 3 qrts. I know homerism is a big theme here but I think it's laughable how anybody could ever think he's on Klay's level in any capacity of the game.

3. NateNate

NateNate Member

Gordon, Beverly and Williams should not be on the floor at the same time. Gordon just ends up standing around since Beverly and Williams handle the ball more. Gordon ends up going several possessions without touching the ball or taking a shot. I prefer Beverly playing with Gordon instead of Williams since Williams pretty much just looks to score and is somewhat of a ball stopper unless in the pick and roll with Clint. We need to run more plays with picks and screens to get Gordon an open shot, Similar to how klay gets a bunch of his shots. My gripe with Gordon himself is his body language. Is it just me or is he kind of pouty? I'm not even really talking about fouls but more of how he reacts to turnovers and mistakes on the defensive end or missed layups. I'd love to see him have a little more energy in his body language. Maybe clap your hands together to encourage your teammates instead of throwing your hands up. Gordon and Dekker have really taken a step back from early this year when it comes to catching the ball at the 3 point line and driving to the basket. Now it seems if someone closes out on the 3 they either just move the ball or sidestep to get off a 3. I would like to see them attack the closeout more for a layup or penetrate and kick out. Basically create a little more when the 3 isn't there.

joshuaao, hakeem94 and ramotadab like this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree... klay also has some height to him. Gordon is great as that scoring man off the bench but he is starting to look broken down.

5. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

The timing of this thread is odd considering Gordon was the only Rocket to shoot a respectable percentage from three last night... He was 2-5, and the rest of the team was a combined 3-28. No one else even made more than one three.

He seems to be in slightly better shape recently, but in any case, I'd agree he should take some time off... at least after one or two more wins to really lock up 3rd seed.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Until Rhyno comes back, Gordon is needed to start

last thing you want is Samuel "can't shoot" Dekker starting. Teams will just slag off him like they used to with Brewer and swarm Harden

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

With Anderson scheduled out a couple weeks, Harden needing to rest that golden left hand, Gordon never really recovered from his ankle or back or whatever it was he may feel better but his play leveled off after that....

You don't need to sit everyone in one game but mixing in bench players now is going to help everyone get right in time for the pllayoffs.

bilaal14 and ramotadab like this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not easy to get Anderson, Lou, Gordon all going at the same time, especially when Bev and Trev are jacking up shots.

Every night one of our main guys will be "off".

Patience likes this.