1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gordon needs more offense run through him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketman84, May 1, 2019.

1. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Gordon is our second best player. We need to run more offense through him if CP is going to continue to be a b**** out there.

Gordon is the only person on the team that wants to shoot the three, and with their 3rd best perimeter player on him all the time he can get to the hoop easily

LUK3, BasketballMind and chadyang like this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

As long as he doesn't have to dribble more than a few times, then we are golden. Eric has played good, he just needs to stop with the boneheaded mistakes.

Denovo, Voltik, LUK3 and 3 others like this.
  3. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

I’m starting to agree with this ! Bump it !

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I was going to start this thread. Cp3 and harden set him up, pass to him every time.

Gordon is our best option until further notice. He wont be here next year btw. Nor will durant though

5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

No he doesn’t. He needs to shoot the ball more and better when he is open. Coz whenever he drives or passes it turns into a TO 80% of the time

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, not sure, love Eric and so far he has been basically perfect and much better than expected, but giving him the ball too much is way too risky...he has the tendency to **** up his dribble and throw some wild passes...tbh his current role is what suits him more here, in some games he's our 4th best player, in others our 2nd best...he's basically Klay Thompson for us.

#6 Vivi, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Denovo, Voltik and vlaurelio like this.
  7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Gordon has been the most consistent Rocket this playoff after not really making much of an impact in years past.

s3ts likes this.
  8. Rocketeer4Life

I agree that Gordon needs more opportunities to run the offense. But Chris Paul has been good running the offense as well. My point is, Harden should take a step back more and play the 2 guard and let these two guys help him run the offense. Harden's offense is too predictable. He can run solely the offense within the last 2 minutes of the game but not before to diversify the offense!

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rocket just need to recognize when EGO is feeling it. I got so angry when Harden basically passed off the ball in winning time and gave it to EG. Harden recognized that EG, not only was hot, Cataracts Curry was on him. EG hit Curry with a 3 in his b****-ass irises.

xaos likes this.
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Agreed. I think he has been the most consistent performer in the playoffs this year for us

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

He works best as a catch and shoot guy. When he puts the ball on the floor with the intent to make a play for someone else, it usually ends badly.

Gordon is the guy I want to have tunnel vision, though. When he drives to the basket with the intent of scoring it, he's effective.

igotwhipscollectingdust and xaos like this.
  12. threepointshot3

He is a better player then Paul now days and I agree he needs more shots

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about running the offense through him but we need to get him more in motion to free him up and move the ball more which will give him more chances.

xaos likes this.
  14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

He doesn't need the ball "too much" he needs the ball MORE.

15. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

All I am asking him to do , Stay Hot through the series.

16. xaos

xaos Member

Man, Paul was genius throughout the game

17. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I want eric just to be eric. Dont force it

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he's having a career playoff year because the defense is focused on harden and paul, two of the best playmakers for like 20 years. w/e they're doing with eg keepi t that way. he's one of those players who can feed off of star players in big way like shawn marion.