1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GOP to layoff tousands at Walmart

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks for the tax cut.

No Worries and SamFisher like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

AP - Sam’s Club To Replace 11,025 Laid Off Employees With 11,025 Norwegian Immigrants Hand Pick By Emperor Trump.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Blame Trump for this.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Great! Less cashiers for an already thin staffed WAlmart.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

6. body slam

body slam Member

Do people still go to Sam's? I remember back in the day it was a big deal. The people that I know that still go say you can still get a deal, but you have to pay attention because you can get somethings cheaper at regular stores.

7. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Well I think Walmart finally waved a surrender flag in some markets. Costco has been slowly wreaking havoc on Sam's Club. Costco's revenue has been growing much faster and their overall revenue (both per store and total) is way ahead of Sams Club at this point despite having a nearly equal number of stores.

Sam's Club's only saving grace is their lower cost of operation since Costco pays their employees substantially more but ultimately Costco is growing revenue much faster and Sam's Club really can't lower their costs anymore than they already have so at some point they either have to grow or quit. And in a lot of these markets they chose to exit.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Costco is so vastly superior I don't know why anyone would go to Sam's if they had a choice.

body slam likes this.
  9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Tousands? Damn you Trump!

10. Nook

Nook Member

I will not shop at Wal Mart because it isn’t much different than being in a prison.

ElPigto likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I see OP and a few others struggle to differentiate between Sams Club and Walmart.

OP also struggles to understand a difference between a lay off and store closing.

OP is either incompetent or creates fake news hysteria.

12. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Wasn't trickle down tax break suppose to prop up these businesses to keep people employed or increase demand for workers to increase wages for everyone?

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

What does trickle down tax breaks have to do with poor performing stores?

Are you suggesting reducing tax's for a company will some how lead to consumers flocking to these poor performing stores? Or are you merely suggesting that if a corporation receives a tax break, they are some how obligated to society to keep these money pit stores open simply to keep their employees employed?

I have stated in other threads that reducing the corporate tax rate will allow many corporations to reinvest in the company, whether its through expansion, better wages, R&D, ect... It will also have no effect on other corporations (like Apple) who will just stock pile the money further and reward upper management all while continuing to screw their employees and consumers.

You can choose to look at the negative. I'll look at the positive.

Wattafan likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

my uncle leo sent me the $20 check he sends me every year! Thank you, My president.

(ok ok you guys got me. I don't have an uncle leo. It would be cool if I did though!)

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Shouldn't Trump tax cuts make more stores good performing stores? Where will we spend our tax cut money?

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Both share the same Parent. And I doubt that thousands of people that were laid off care if it was a layoff or a store closing. Since that's how most people in retail end up being laid off... the result of store closings.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Yes, Sam's has lots of deals and products I can't get elsewhere, but you definitely have to watch, as most grocery is not cheaper unless on sale. There is not a Costco or BJs in my area, so there isn't much direct competition.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Yes, the tax cut caused the Sam's Club to shut down. You people are insane.

Wattafan likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing, you missed the point entirely because you have half a brain.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

What is OP insinuating then smart guy?