1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goodrich over Collier

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thedreamisover, Oct 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. thedreamisover

Goodrich is better than Collier... Did anybody else notice that in like 2 minutes on the court Godrich accomplished more than Collier has his whole time in Houston?

2. Holden

Holden Member

I agree. Goodrich seemed to play good defense on duncan, hence duncan missed his shots when Goodrich was in the game...
    i mean..i guess most of us will never know because all we see are brief preseason moments.
    maybe someone who has viewed the practices can voice their opinion on the goodrich vs. collier comparison..
    but goodrich looked good tonight...and i know nothing else about him...

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Where did Goodrich play at ? Gonzaga?

4. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Stanford I believe...

5. Timing

Timing Member

He played at Princeton!

6. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

If JC doesn't have a messianic year (yes, I'm corny) and no other center prospects come up, I'd like to see us pick up Goodrich next season after Jason's contract runs out. Goodrich seems to fit this team a la Bullard. Smart, plays within his game. Good guy to have in practice and in the locker room.

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Collier looked great in his early rookie games too. Goodrich is shorter and lighter but moves more fluidly. However, Collier looked pretty fair in some pre-season games this year so don't dismiss Collier yet. However, either way, Goodrich and Collier are fighting for a few minutes of garbage time regular season-wise.

8. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

THEY BOTH SUCK! ! ! ! !

9. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Amen...

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone who is consulted with by the coaching staff of the New Jersey Nets last year (true story) regarding elements of running the Princeton offense does not suck.

Goodrich is a natural for being a coach someday. He is regarded as the best center Princeton ever had...and the center is the key to that offense...the offense goes through the center at the top of the key.

Anyhow, he is supposed to have better range than Collier. I think he shot something like 45-47% on 3s his senior year. If he could develop Bullard range, there is no reason why he couldn't be as good as Bullard. And in the mean time, he could help teach Yao Ming even more about passing and picking as a center.

Don't underestimate the value of Goodrich in practices. He just needs to develop his NBA 3-pointer.

11. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

First, this ain't Princeton... ;)

If he is around to be a coach, waive him and sign as a special coach or consultant. Do we really need Collier or Goodrich as players?

C: Yao Ming, Cato, MT, EG

I'd rather keep Hawkins, Torres, Brown

12. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Only one more year left on JC's contract. Then he will probably not be around.

13. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

He has really earned his place in Rocket's history. The list of worthless centers is long and distinguished... :rolleyes: