1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good things to do and things not to do as a real Rockets fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 18, 2012.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

1. Don't: Wish injury upon a Rockets player (or any other player)
    2. Don't: See individual stats/playing time of your favorite player as more important than team success. Don't be one of those "XYZ only fans".
    3. Don't: Label fans as "XYZ only fans" just because they have a favorite player
    4. Don't: Label fans who say something critical about your favorite player as racists just because of a critical remark
    5. Don't: Be critical of a player just because of his race.
    6. Don't: Get so deep into arguments with other Rockets fans about your favorite player vs. another player on the team that you forget that what matters is the team
    7. Don't: Let arguments about other things (D&D or Hangout) carry over to the GARM - we are all Rockets fans
    8. Don't: Start knee-jerk threads after losses ("Player XYZ is a joke"/"Fire XYZ"/"I hate XYZ"). They are useless. If you want to vent, do it in the game thread or in chat.
    9. Do: Check for other threads into which the random thought that goes through your head would fit - rather than starting a new thread. New threads are for new topics, news, or original thoughts worthy of discussion.
    10. Do: Support the team loudly if and when you get to go to games - remember, many other fans who are too far away would love to be there
    11. Do: Donate to the Clutchfans tip jar. It's a good way to give back to the site. On top of that, you get to search and edit your posts.

These things are really not that hard.

If everyone just took a moment to think about his posts first, the GARM would be even better (it's the best place on the web for Rockets discussion already, and has been for over 15 years).

Please feel free to continue this list.

4 people like this.
  2. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

Why are you writing this and not watching the game? Good post though.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

multitask.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Duh. I was trying to stay up to watch it (it's past 4 a.m. here) and got my time zones mixed up - thought it was going to start at 4:30 a.m. my time. Thanks for the heads up.

1 person likes this.
  5. itachen

itachen Member

Thank you, good post, everyone please follow!

Now let's go Rockets! It's looking like a good game!

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

ATW is such a ROF.

Free Royce White!

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Free White Rice for everyone!

But I like Brown Rice better.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The only addition from me would be to say "Great Post".

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

12. Do: Share insider info with your fellow Rockets fans, but only in a way that does not damage the Rockets plans.
    13. Do: Post pictures, if possible, when you run into a Rockets related figure (aka rockHEAD rule)
    14. Don't: Stalk players and follow them to their homes.

10. Lihao

Lihao Member

5 star advise , but sadly some of those posters will never figure it out.

11. mirus

mirus Member

15.Kept arguments classy,respect other users' opinion ,or agree to disagree.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

16. Don't start thread titles in ALL CAPS.

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Oh NOW you tell me! Look, I just thought the world would want to know what Chandler Parsons is eating for breakfast, and I can think of no better way of finding that out than with these binoculars. From atop this tree.

I mean, "stalking" is such a harsh word, too. Is sending Chandler Parsons bits of your hair and pictures of him with the eyes cut out "stalking?"

Oh it is? This police officer is telling me it is. OK he's telling me to close this laptop up and come down out of this tree. Chandler I love youuuudjk;asksa;ask/,,/ka

14. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Undercover tinman?

15. me005

me005 Member

Great post :)

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

what's the status on Harden? recovered from Flu?