1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good Lineups from Rudy.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Jan 13, 2001.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

It was nice to see Rudy recognize Collier's ineptitude, and put Cato in. Davac looked like the Hakeem of old when he played against Jason. Rudy realized that, and put in Cato. Finally the Rockets had a 7 footer play.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

2. alaskansnowman

I'm glad Cato finally played. Collier was gettin his ass schoooooled by Divac. But I dont blame him. Divac is a clever post up player & Collier's still a roookie coming off an injury.

I'm wondering... why did Rudy put in Collier first instead of Cato? Is Cato still not fully healed? I mean, if Collier hadn't gotten torched, would we even have seen Cato?

------------------
    When 1 door closes another 1 open; but we so often look so long & so regretfully on da closed door, that we dont see the ones that be opening for us - alaskanSnowman

3. DaryleWard

DaryleWard Member

Hey Alaska,

Collier is fine. The reason he came in first tonight was Collier had a great practice and was hopefully going to draw Vlade away from the basket; it would unclog the lane so we get better penetration.

But can you blame Vlade for taking the rookie to school. Just remember all of those years where dream would completely break down Mr. Divac.

On a different note, I can't wait till people start giving more respect to Rudy T and his choices. He makes them for a reason.

Although I know as a fan it has become our job to criticize our team when poor decisions are made. Come on give them a break.

Although we have some of the best young talent in the league. We are still lucky to be were we are. I am just glad we aren't a lottery team at this point. We are still in the runnings for a playoff spot God willing.

So that's pretty a good job to me.

------------------
    DAMN LANKY is the best player to ever play the game. -Michael Jordan

[This message has been edited by DaryleWard (edited January 14, 2001).]

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I just read a quote from Rudy on NBA.com. "It was two good teams playing. In a couple of years, it will turn around for us."

Look Rudy, if you're not trying to get your team to win right away, there is something wrong. Don't use the "couple more years" thing as an excuse for your team's bad play. Lets start a win-now attitude.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Off-topic, but what exactly does that mean? [​IMG]

------------------
    "I personally don't think Jordan would have enjoyed playing with himself." -- JeffB lets us all know that Popeye and Clutch aren't the only ones with inside sources... (also an example of a BBS "sound-bite")

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I just want him to have a WIN-NOW attitude. Last year was the learning period. I thought this year was when it was all supposed to improve. The Rockets will never get better if they don't make the playoffs. They need to feel the intensity of postseason play. They need to learn from the playoffs, not midseason matchups. If the Rockets play defense like last night all season, they will make the playoffs. They just need to develop consistent offense (mid range jumpers, please), and box out. Rudy needs to scramble to teach these things.

My signature is a combination of funny GW Bush quotes. They really make me laugh.

------------------

7. alaskansnowman

I dont think Rudy was so much as using it as an excuse, as he was simply telling the truth. In a couple of years, we will be winning. No doubt in my mind if we keep this core around.

------------------
    When 1 door closes another 1 open; but we so often look so long & so regretfully on da closed door, that we dont see the ones that be opening for us - alaskanSnowman