1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State is waiting on Rockets to make one mistake.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Being a half game behind houston. This is where things get hard. I think a bad stretch of games which seems to be coming soon can hinder houston behind for #1 seed.

Rox

After that there are only really 2-3 games the rockets could fear. @ SA, although okc and portland are homegames, and could be challenge. Starting Mar 22.
    Gsw
    They have a easier schedule , who knows, maybe they will slip up a few games.

2. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

What in any way has signaled a bad stretch coming?

Let's look at the next 4 games:

Boston - Harden looking for redemption after that last meltdown and its an ABC game...Rockets will come ready and win.

OKC - Lost to them on Christmas without Paul, they will definitely want to make a statement.

Raptors - ALSO lost to the Raptors, so there's motivation to win that as well.

Bucks - Could honestly be the one dangerous game b/c of a let-up.

3. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think he means a difficult stretch of games. And you basically explained why it is a a difficult stretch. We are playing teams that have had some success against us recently.

jevjnd, IvanLCPM, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  4. FearTheBeardJH

Warriors will run the table and finish as no.1 seed. Just rest players and prepare for the playoffs.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

6. Soneca

Soneca Member

we're not half game ahead for first seed purposes. We're 1 loss ahead WITH the tie-breaker, so they need to have at least two less loses than us with 21 games left for the Rox and 20 for them. It can change quickly, but even if we lose let's say 3 outta next 10, they can only lose 1 of their next 9 for them to get the first seed back. They play the Spurs twice, @ Minnesota and @ Portland over the next 9. They can easily go 8-1 or even undefeated, but we can go 8-2 or 9-1 if we keep playing the way we have been with James, Chris and Clint all healthy.

I think we're still not favored to finish ahead of them, mostly because of the remaining schedule, you're right on that. But our cushion is a little better than half game up, that what makes me optimistic.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The statistic is meaningless to the individual. The easier schedule thing is hard to comment on because as games near that can change. Teams could see their fate sealed and fold down the stretch or rest guys for the playoffs. I don' think Golden State cares. They along with many undervalued the rockets.

All things equal, the warriors as the mainstream media say are "bored" so I'm not sure an easier run gets them fully engaged before the playoffs either. I for one don't care anymore. I just want EG and Ryno to start a hailfire of threes.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

the rockets already made their one huge mistake, which coincidentally, the warriors did too. both let go of jerry "guaranteed dynasty" lin.

9. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

we are beating the **** out of teams that are good.. the last four teams we played and beat at their home court can all end up as number 3 see. The collective record of these four teams is 84-36, a 70% winning mark, and we are winning by an average of 12 points, and we all know the clippers and the denver game should have been this close. We just stopped taking these guys seriously.. These may have not been elite teams, but the teams are decent to very good..

hakeem94 and RealRocFan47 like this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Very cleverly disguised "Tickets at Toyota Center are more expensive than away games" thread

5 star. Would read again.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

also, both Paul and Capela did not play vs Boston. Briante Weber played 15 minutes.

#NotTheSameGroup
    #31-1

justtxyank and DonKnock like this.
  12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Honestly, GS is good enough to make home court advantage not matter. That being said, I’d love to have the best record in the league.

justtxyank likes this.
  13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Agree with the OP. Rockets have two stretches coming up this month that could be tough just due to fatigue:
    - March 6-12: 5 games in 7 nights in 5 different cities to include 2 back-to-backs and 4 of the 5 coming against playoff teams
    - March 15-20: 4 games in 6 nights in 4 different cities to include a New Orleans/Minny back-to-back in the middle and all 4 coming against playoff contenders

Considering we just came off a 4 game in 6 night stretch in 4 different cities, to include a back-to-back in Denver and Utah, the schedule makers didn't exactly do us any favors coming out of the all-star break. By the time we get to March 20th, Rockets will have played 14 games in 26 nights, with only 4 of them at home and 13/14 coming against playoff contenders, since the All-star break.

On the flip side, between March 21st and the end of the season, we have 11 games in 22 days, 8 at home, 9 straight in the state of Texas, only 6 against playoff contenders, and the only games out of state being the final two against the Lakers and Kings.

14. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

let's not forget the Rockets can afford one additional loss compared to the Warriors and still be first seed...

Jontro, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

After we beat Denver and Utah on a back to back... anything is possible.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If OKC surge and take the 3 seed I don't want to fall to the 2 seed. We already know what the Warriors ceiling is; I don't think we've seen peak OKC yet.

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Won't matter. "Peak OKC" is not on the Rockets' "decent" level.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

C'mon you're telling me Corey Brewer don't scare you? ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Is Corey Brewer on OKC now? lol I didn't even know that......

well......

I retract my confidence now.....

DonKnock, BigShasta and steddinotayto like this.
  20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

not true.... have to be tied.