1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Golden State gets its Boogie on (Cousins signs with Warriors)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Lebronto

Lebronto Member

technically he is smart because playing next to 4-5 all stars who always get the whistle when they need it will only make it easy for him to come back and dominate. the focus will be on durant and curry, klay and even draymond boin and weavin to the basket while he just feasts inside.

then teams will want to throw the max at him after he dominates just to get him the hell out of golden state.

dumbass is smart. he gets a ring easily, gets to take his time to come back 100 percent to a team that will be dominating, and play in a smart spaced out system.

he can do the dray role so much better than drat because he is actually a threat in the post, and a great passer with height can throw passes over better.

plutoblue11, smp and fba34 like this.
  2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

So he turned down 2 years 40 millions and joined the warriors for the vet min...wow

Rocket River likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I am not sure this is going to really work out for Golden State - I think people underestimate how hard it is to return to form after an Achilles injury.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

6. BackdoorHarden

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4

7. txn

txn Member

All it takes is a season ending injury to either Curry or Durant. That team suddenly becomes completely beatable. Sorry for being a dick calling an injury to a player. But when bunch of b****es try to group together and cheat in order to win the so call "Championship" by ruining the game we love, thats how much hate I have toward to them. God is fair :)

8. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

It's at least nice to know that the Rockets scared GSW so much to go out and get a 5 Allstar team.
    Now, what do we do? No point in being in win-now mode. I guess we just hope for GSW injuries.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Jontro likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

no fine needed, just send him back to the turkish gov't

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

man i love how basketball-focused the Dunc'd On podcast is and nate and danny certainly know a lot and watch a lot, but i wish there was some way to get that (and things like the mock offseason) without 2 guys who are such insufferable warriors homers.

first, you knew they'd think the cousins signing was no big deal and probably not even going to help and "hey, why is every talking about this, we just have no idea". did not let me down.

and then the perfect ending (paraphrased):

"yeah, boogie, to get a talent like that...kd, for whatever reason, maybe the 1+1, took less this year, he took less last year to sign livingston and iguodala, but you really can't say joe lacob has ever not paid money to make a move. and houston let ariza get away even though they had full bird rights. i know it's a lot of money and fertitta is still going to pay a ton of luxury tax and i know i don't have 200 million to pay a basketball team next year, but you compare that to demarcus cousins who the warriors are getting for the taxpayer mid-level, houston had to pay chris paul the max, no discount there.

people get mad at the warriors, but they're just doing a better job at this point than teams that just haven't been able to work around some of these landmines."

uhh yeah nate, i don't think everybody else's inferior gm's just can't figure out the concept of wanting players to take less than they're worth for no apparent reason other than not wanting to compete. did you listen to that paragraph as you spoke it? so the warriors superior spending owner keeps getting guys at discount rates where he doesn't actually have to do the exorbitant spending you praise him for.

the warriors are spending their taxpayer mid-level and getting a 25/12 guy for 5 million, but for some reason the rockets don't wanna pay triple the tax money for 33 year old trevor ariza, who was just willing to say F it and go play for a 20 win team? huh, i guess that one will just remain a mystery. must be because fertitta is too stingy to wanna pay gargantuan money for 0-12 trevor ariza this year and morey was too stupid to try the "hey, could you just play for 25% of your market value" strategy. i mean if the warriors bit the bullet and signed boogie for $15M and we turned down ariza for $5M to not pay some small amount of tax, you might have a point. but when it's literally the opposite, i don't know what to say. not every billionaire gets a millionaire friend like KD to keep giving up money for them.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

14. smp

smp Member

CP3 knows he isnt going to win a ring in Houston so why give us a discount? Same for Ariza. The sentiment is to make all you can because you arent winning a title for the next 3 to 5 years. GS has it locked up again. They are the only team that can virtually guarantee a ring. So if you want to buy a ring by playing for less money than you are worth, there is only 1 destination.

They literally have all star players calling them begging to join for huge discounts. I never thought I would see such a **** show in the NBA.

Run it back? I've already seen GS beat us in the conference finals twice.

15. PeppermintCandy

Probably said elsewhere but great move by Cousins. Takes a paycut for half a season of work and gets himself a ring to boot. He can also use the time to get healthy and afterwards sign a nice long term contract with another team.

Sucks for non-Warriors fans but pretty smart for Cousins.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. omgTHEpotential

FTFY

ramotadab likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The. . . AT WORST . . .second best team in the league only had 1 all star

ROCKETS ROCK!!!

Rocket River
    A team that was cheated by injury and refs . . . only had 1 all star
    That is why i am not panicking

napalm06 likes this.
  18. Malaya

Malaya Member

Wait till those guys start fighting. Boogie vs. Green. Boogie vs. Kevin. Boogie vs. Kerr. Sooner rather than later.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

malakas likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member