1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going to see Bayern this weekend

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by JeopardE, Mar 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Snagged a really nice ticket (level 1, I think it's next to the players' seats). I'm pretty psyched about it -- my first time visiting Germany as well.

Anyone with knowledge/experience have any pointers or tips to make the visit memorable?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Congratulations! Should be a great experience, I hope.

What section are you in?

Ask me any question about Germany, Munich, the Allianz-Arena.

I might be there as well.

3. JeopardE

I'll be in section 123, row 4.

Other than just going to see the game, what else should I be looking to do at Allianz? What's parking like (I will have a rental car)?

I'm planning to visit the BMW museum the next day and then try to find other good things to see and do before work/business starts on Monday.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Get one of those Orange-Cola drinks. I heard they're good

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, these are good seats, you will be very close to the action. You are on the opposite side of the players's seats. I have some seats in that area as well, but I usually sit on the other side (behind the coaches).

There are three parking garages which are accessible to the public (P1, P2, P3). P1 is closest to the stadium, but it doesn't really make a big difference. You will need to buy one of the so-called "Arena cards" and charge it with at least 10 Euro to pay for the parking when you leave the garage (you just hold it in front of some card reader when you exit). Depending on where you park, it might take more than an hour to get out, which is the reason that some people leave before the match ends. If you come from the city side towards the stadium, I would recommend that you don't drive into any of the garages, but go past the stadium, take the right exit, basically end up making a U-turn and come back from the North side and enter the (same) parking garages from there. It's usually easier to get out afterwards then.

If you want to buy anything (food, beer, etc.) in the stadium during the match, you cannot pay with cash, you also need that arena card. So if you plan to buy some stuff, you might want to charge it with 25 Euro or something (10 Euro for the parking and 15 Euro for some drinks/food). You can charge it either outside at the ticket booths or also inside (can use cash or credit card).

There is also some sort of museum ("FC Bayern Erlebniswelt") at the Allianz Arena, I guess there is some stuff about FC Bayern history in there, I haven't visited it.

It's a nice, modern (8 years old) stadium. It's lit in red when Bayern plays and in blue when the other local team plays.

Unfortunately, the weather will not be good on Saturday (match starts at 6:30 p.m., not the usual 3:30 p.m.). Otherwise I would have recommended that you go for a stroll in the Englischer Garten park in the center of the city around noon.

Other things depend on what you are interested in. There are some beautiful lakes south of Munich, and the mountains are only about an hour away. In Munich itself..."Hofbräuhaus" is very touristy, but if you want to say you have seen it...you can just walk around in the city and explore it on foot.

How long will you be in Munich?

6. JeopardE

Thanks for the great tips man.

I will be in Munich for a week (work-related). Actually in Freising. My flight out is on the 22nd.

I heard there isn't much to do after sunset over there, so that's why I figured any tourist stuff needs to be done between Saturday and Sunday.

7. Raz

Raz Member

Have fun! I've been there twice, it's a great experience, you got a great view on the field whereever you're located. You will see a good match, Bayern will be motivated because Leverkusen stole one the last time. And it will be interesting to see the team react on the Hoeneß conviction. BTW, Kobe was attending the last game between the two in Leverkusen, I hope you'll bring more luck ;)

Make sure you'll see Marienplatz, this is where the team presents the trophies to the fans in May.

8. JeopardE

Bayer 04 are really containing Bayern so far. Lots of pressure from Bayern but they've not really tested the keeper yet 25 minutes in.

9. JeopardE

Well that didn't last long. Schweinsteiger is dominating this game.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_BaLZUA02BQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hey JeopardE, sorry I didn't get in touch, I was in the stadium, but stayed in the lounge...too cold outside today :grin:.

Hope you had a good time! It wasn't a spectacular match, just a regular solid performance.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s2zQx0keTkg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Raz

Raz Member

Solid game. Leverkusen always get lucky, once they play Bayern. Hope you had fun!

14. JeopardE

Had a great time. Yeah it wasn't quite the dominating performance from Bayern and Leverkusen actually wasted a couple of chances to pull even. But in the end Bayern's class showed through. The fans sitting behind the home goal were fantastic. Tireless chanting and dancing in unison. Something to behold.