1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Go Off With Austin Rivers: "It never happened"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He gets asked about it lol.

What do you want him to do, say no comment?

RyanB, YOLO and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

And the quote of mine you quoted about manboobs being fake isn't in dispute. A parody twitter account put out a joke and a dummy on ESPN thought it was real. That's literally what happened.

jch1911 and YOLO like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol i can't believe there's people that really believe it. well maybe now that I think about it, people around here like to make up things and believe what they want quite often

hi @J.R. min for DJ anytime soon? ;)

Gray_Jay and justtxyank like this.
  4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I sent those tweets to my brother and he didn't get that they were fake. I never corrected him. He still believes Harden farted in CP3's face and gave him pink eye.

RyanB, BigM, ilias and 3 others like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

good material during recess

Gray_Jay likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Why not?

There are whole shows called No Comment.

D-rock likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, they based it on one incident when CP3 was jokingly put his mitts on Harden's boobs.

I know, I followed CF.

(Also my theory still stands - Harden is running out of star buddies to team up with.....)

8. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I’m gonna stick with my long winded tinfoil hattery...

Nah really though, I don’t think it was like overblown reports and super feelings everywhere. Harden isn’t like that. More like...”this mf here” kinda thing. I still think it started with Melo-drama.

10. ThaShark316_28

Prettyu much.

harold bingo likes this.
  11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Could it be that Russ really is one of Harden's best friends and wanted to play together in their prime. They've known each other since they were kids, got along really well in OKC, hang out together in the summer, and have said they are great friends. Wouldn't that be the obvious reason. The NBA is like a pickup game now but with millions of dollars. Everyone is playing with their buddies.

RyanB likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Up until a week ago this wasn’t even a possibility or thought. All of a sudden they’re bff’s lol

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

With a little help from the faux insiders …. They really drive the narrative on this forum , for better or worse.

YOLO likes this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think it was hard not to be positive about the addition considering the circumstances at the moment …. They had a dire need for guard help and he provided it in spades for dirt cheap …. the team was fortunate to make the acquisition.

I couldn't see a negative then , sure cant now.

Maybe Rivers is like PatBev , you love him on your team , hate him when he's the opposition (Still love PatBev).

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah , that "we'll do anything to win" crap appears to be nothing more than lip service.

I mean , I get it , 17m costs you 50m+ when you are in the tax …. but if you don't want to spend that , don't give us the bullsh!t

And then crawfish …. Not taking advantage of the WB trade's extra 25% incoming salary.

So far they are letting Shumpert's bird rights rot away with no indication that they will make use of that asset either.

I get not spending on Iggy - he's old and not a particularly good shooter with a price tag of $53.25m salary and tax included.

I get it IF there was no help to be had in the WB trade …. I just cant see it being realistic , not with several teams that will be in the tank. Someone would have dumped a useful player on you to escape the salary.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do with Shumpert. If they let that asset wither away staying just under the tax , all that win at all costs talk frim Tilman was just that , lip service.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they not even spending the MLE lol

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

What????

Everyone knows Hardens and Russ are super tight.

Derozan and Russ are his best friends in the league.

And tucker also.

The all grew up together are the same age and played against each other since they were 10 years old.

I’m I’m not mistaken harden and russ met when they were 10 at the boys and girls club.

In high school harden and derozan were just higher profile and McDonald’s all Americans and Russ wasn’t.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Not last year and only what they gave to House so far this year.

…. but we'll do whatever it takes."

Its pretty frustrating to be lied to and played for an idiot at the same time.

pippendagimp and J.R. like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah they're friends, thats obvious. all these guys that are in the league have some sort of history with each other especially playing years and years through youth. and particularly if youre close in age. before last week how many times did anyone ever bring up oh harden and westbrook are together. theyre going to play together in the future. they're bff's and inseparable. like none. wb could of easily looked to want to play with his super tight bff harden before he elected to sign that recent supermax extension. harden is super close with guys like the morris twins. you dont see them rushing to playing together. did you know josh smith and howard went to aau together ;)

#99 YOLO, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lies lies lies lies....there gonna get ya.

DD

daywalker02 likes this.