1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GM Daryl Morey signed 4-year extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Turbo, Jun 21, 2017.

?

Do you like the move signing Daryl Morey to a four-year extension as GM?

1. YES

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Not sure this is good or bad or that it matters.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Spot on. Locking down the structure.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Now there's a bumper sticker.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

le$

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

boom

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Doesn't really matter in the end, you can always be fired after all.

It's probably better, shows stability and gives Morey comfort. He doesn't have to make any of those 'rogue' GM moves a GM makes when they start feeling under pressure or know that they will not be around to deal with the consequences of their decisions.

7. Daddy Long Legs

Great reference to a brilliant song

[​IMG]

8. Nook

Nook Member

Chris Paul and Dary Morey are very familiar with each other and Paul has a strong interest in advanced statistics and supposedly has some interest in working in a front office eventually.

I am skeptical that anything great happens..... but I would love for the Rockets biggest concern to be how Chris Paul and James Harden will work together.

BigMaloe and Deuce like this.
  9. today

today Contributing Member

Best thing that we'll do all summer... Morey is the best because of how hard he works. He's a 55% favorite in a coin flip.

Bo6 likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like Morey.

Bo6 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Even if you wanted someone better than Morey, name someone who would sign with us. You think RC Buford is leaving San Antonio? Lots of people complained that Morey is too analytical, only looking at advanced stats instead of knowing personalities and the game. Seems like a valid point until you look at respected basketball minds like Doc Rivers and Phil Jackson putting out mediocre to garbage product. I'm glad we locked him up. We'll at least aim high while he's here.

12. Know Your Role

We haven't had a basketball organization since Rudy T left and it was nearly in shambles at that point in time. Les has been taking advantage of us and we need to put a stop to it. I for one call for Les to sell the team. Someone needs to come in a make this a basketball machine like we had in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. F DM, F JH, and F Les Alexander.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I log into Clutchfans every day knowing that, at some point, I will see the dumbest post of that given day.

We have reached that point.

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  14. Know Your Role

I log in every day to see how folks have been blinded by Les' BS. We've had this drunk bum named James for 5 years and everyone says he's really good but not a single impact player wants to come here to play with him. There is a reason for that and it's not an accident.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Meh, this was to be expected. So we get 4 more years of the same old, same old. Year 11 of Morey's tenure and counting...

cheke64 likes this.
  16. Ranny

Ranny Member

Its a fair decision. Les has a guy he trusts and that gives him what he wants, a winning team every year. We get someone who always tries to improve the team and has been able to acquire very good pieces in the past and will surely do it again.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I fainted.

18. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

Trump Supporter

19. Know Your Role

Yes, he won so I support him just like when President Obama won and I supported him. Remember when President Regan was re-elected? Probably you don't but I was happy to support him then as well. And President Bush, President Clinton, as well as the other President Bush.

Jimmy Chitwood likes this.
  20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Nah! From what I'm seeing on dallasbasketball.com, we still have a ways to go before the delusion becomes reality.