1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Dec 16, 2017.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

In the $600 billion annual Defense Department budgets, the $22 million spent on the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program was almost impossible to find.

Which was how the Pentagon wanted it.

For years, the program investigated reports of unidentified flying objects, according to Defense Department officials, interviews with program participants and records obtained by The New York Times. It was run by a military intelligence official, Luis Elizondo, on the fifth floor of the Pentagon’s C Ring, deep within the building’s maze.

The Defense Department has never before acknowledged the existence of the program, which it says it shut down in 2012. But its backers say that, while the Pentagon ended funding for the effort at that time, the program remains in existence. For the past five years, they say, officials with the program have continued to investigate episodes brought to them by service members, while also carrying out their other Defense Department duties.

The shadowy program — parts of it remain classified — began in 2007, and initially it was largely funded at the request of Harry Reid, the Nevada Democrat who was the Senate majority leader at the time and who has long had an interest in space phenomena. Most of the money went to an aerospace research company run by a billionaire entrepreneur and longtime friend of Mr. Reid’s, Robert Bigelow, who is currently working with NASA to produce expandable craft for humans to use in space.

On CBS’s “60 Minutes” in May, Mr. Bigelow said he was “absolutely convinced” that aliens exist and that U.F.O.s have visited Earth.

Working with Mr. Bigelow’s Las Vegas-based company, the program produced documents that describe sightings of aircraft that seemed to move at very high velocities with no visible signs of propulsion, or that hovered with no apparent means of lift.

Officials with the program have also studied videos of encounters between unknown objects and American military aircraft — including one released in August of a whitish oval object, about the size of a commercial plane, chased by two Navy F/A-18F fighter jets from the aircraft carrier Nimitz off the coast of San Diego in 2004.

Mr. Reid, who retired from Congress this year, said he was proud of the program. “I’m not embarrassed or ashamed or sorry I got this thing going,” Mr. Reid said in a recent interview in Nevada. “I think it’s one of the good things I did in my congressional service. I’ve done something that no one has done before.”

[link for full article]

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/...ry-reid.html?referer=https://news.google.com/

2. KingCheetah

This video is also at the NYT link without all the paranormal woo woo.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

4. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

5. KingCheetah

Surprised there isn't more interest in this topic considering the source and the acknowledgement from the CIA that they are still investigating UFO reports.

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm interested and reading through it.

... But if I really comment, I may blow my cover.

CCity Zero and KingCheetah like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

If these aliens are so advanced and coming from across the universe, why is it they only seem to visit bum-f*ck New Mexico and Nevada? They're not exactly seeing the sights while they're here: No NYC, Tokyo, London...nope, just kidnap some rednecks, make some symbols in the fields, and blow up some cows.

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Anyone take the time to watch the clip I linked? For about a week at the end of October I saw things flying in the air right behind my house in Sugar Land I cannot explain. All while trying to keep a rational, skeptical mind and if I didn't have footage of it I would be questioning my sanity but I cannot deny I saw something changing shapes and cloaking/bending the light while defying all logical gravity. I submitted it to MUFON and they said it was a drone. BTW I am referring to another video not the one I put up. I get it, the knee-jerk-Toycen dismissal but f-me I am a believer now.

F-it, I'll put my $ where my mouth is, here is that clip;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k055q28kztiq14q/20171026_144620.mp4?dl=0

#8 Torn n Frayed, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Is this what Tom Delonge from Blink 182 and his academy was talking about?

10. B-Bob

I have watched your videos -- thanks for sharing.

I think, since not many of us know one another on here, it's really tough to know who is sharing raw video, and who is cleverly doctoring video and uploading it. There are some amazing hoax vids out there now of sky/UFO footage.

Not at all suggesting you faked it, but if people's reactions are muted, I think that's a big reason why.

This one with the shifting contrast of the object, while the rest of the frame's contrast stays the same, is really intriguing. Seems though that if a shape-shifting craft flew over Sugarland, there would be scores of reports and videos circulating by now.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Fair. Like the character in Close Encounters said 'I never wanted any of this to happen.." I am not a person that goes out and looks for this kind of thing...it was just something I noticed over a week, all out of no where. All I know is I don't know..

CCity Zero, Yung-T and B-Bob like this.
  12. B-Bob

I think if you were just ****ing around, you would put it on youtube and see how many hits you could get. Not share it with a basketball BBS.

So...
    [​IMG]

CCity Zero, Yung-T and Torn n Frayed like this.
  13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yeah the thought did cross my mind, I could throw those 2 and the other few videos I have up on the YT and rake in the $$...but for me it's not about that tho.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Now I'll have to watch that Youtube channel and other conspiracy ish til midnight, thanks.

But in general, there's been a ton of sightings by reputable military sources, but I just don't know how to treat it.
    There seems to be evidence that aircraft with absurd flying abilities have been sighted over the years, but were they UFOs or simply top-secret military projects that absolutely no one (aside from the closest circle) knows about?

Going back to when the first propulsion engine aircrafts and stealth bombers were developed, I think a lot of people, even standard military, wouldn't have known about the projects and were baffled as F about sightings.

Also, I'm deep into astrophysics and constantly thinking about other extraterrestial civilizations. Why would they come in single UFOs (manned by let's say 1-3 pilots) and just secretly stalk our planet for decades instead of engaging with us? Space is so ridiculously vast that the probability of reaching another civilization within a feasible time frame is so extremely small, so why would you not engage with them?

whiskeyred and KingCheetah like this.
  15. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'm in the camp that these objects are manmade and are part of secret military projects they don't want other rival countries to know about.

Richie_Rich, Yung-T and KingCheetah like this.
  16. B-Bob

Maybe their ship is enormous, to them, but the aliens are basically the size of fleas. :D

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

With that theory, maybe they're indeed trying to contact us, but are simply too small for us to see, so we're unknowingly inhaling or stomping them to death.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

The following recounts an incident in 2004 that advocates of research into U.F.O.s have said is the kind of event worthy of more investigation, and that was studied by a Pentagon program that investigated U.F.O.s. Experts caution that earthly explanations often exist for such incidents, and that not knowing the explanation does not mean that the event has interstellar origins.

Cmdr. David Fravor and Lt. Cmdr. Jim Slaight were on a routine training mission 100 miles out into the Pacific when the radio in each of their F/A-18F Super Hornets crackled: An operations officer aboard the U.S.S. Princeton, a Navy cruiser, wanted to know if they were carrying weapons.

“Two CATM-9s,” Commander Fravor replied, referring to dummy missiles that could not be fired. He had not been expecting any hostile exchanges off the coast of San Diego that November afternoon in 2004.

Commander Fravor, in a recent interview with The New York Times, recalled what happened next. Some of it is captured in a video made public by officials with a Pentagon program that investigated U.F.O.s.

“Well, we’ve got a real-world vector for you,” the radio operator said, according to Commander Fravor. For two weeks, the operator said, the Princeton had been tracking mysterious aircraft. The objects appeared suddenly at 80,000 feet, and then hurtled toward the sea, eventually stopping at 20,000 feet and hovering. Then they either dropped out of radar range or shot straight back up.

The radio operator instructed Commander Fravor and Commander Slaight, who has given a similar account, to investigate.

The two fighter planes headed toward the objects. The Princeton alerted them as they closed in, but when they arrived at “merge plot” with the object — naval aviation parlance for being so close that the Princeton could not tell which were the objects and which were the fighter jets — neither Commander Fravor nor Commander Slaight could see anything at first. There was nothing on their radars, either.

Then, Commander Fravor looked down to the sea. It was calm that day, but the waves were breaking over something that was just below the surface. Whatever it was, it was big enough to cause the sea to churn.
    Hovering 50 feet above the churn was an aircraft of some kind — whitish — that was around 40 feet long and oval in shape. The craft was jumping around erratically, staying over the wave disturbance but not moving in any specific direction, Commander Fravor said. The disturbance looked like frothy waves and foam, as if the water were boiling......

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

Trump would be twittering non stop about it if there was such a kept secret

No Worries likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

I always find it interesting when military pilots get freaked out by a UFO - they are likely just seeing another military craft they aren't familiar with, but it's curious nonetheless.

It's also interesting to me that after all the decades of denials we find out yet again there is a another major secret government program continuing to study UFOs.

If another intelligent entity is traveling across light years of space to study us it's highly unlikely anyone on Earth would know about it. We don't even know if our own government has a spy sat pointed at us or some other bizarre intelligence gathering method. So unless aliens studying us just don't care if we know - UFOs can be explained by advanced military craft or other natural phenomenon. Yet the secret black programs continue on with massive budgets... strange indeed.

#20 KingCheetah, Dec 17, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2017