1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Global expectations of Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jan 25, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. adoo

adoo Member

http://fortune.com/2017/01/24/china-leader-global-economy/

Last week, at the World Economic Forum, in Davos, Switzerland, Chinese President Xi Jinping

mounted a staunch defense of globalization and issued a stark warning against a potential
    trade war, striking a vastly different tone from the anti-globalization sentiment championed by
    free trade-bashing US President-Donald Trump and Brexit forces in the UK.​

Just days after President Donald Trump pledged to put "America first" in his inaugural address,
    a top Chinese diplomat has said that China is ready to lead the world economy, if other nations
    retreat from globalization.

"If people want to say China has taken a position of leadership, it’s not because China suddenly thrust itself forward as a leader," the Chinese foreign ministry's head of international economic affairs told the reporters. "It's because the original front-runners suddenly fell back and pushed China to the front."​

#2 adoo, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What's up with India?

4. TheresTheDagger

Seems like the only one there that truly matters is the United States. 52% think he'll be good. That's a majority, at least for now.

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

joshuaao likes this.
  6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

They elected Modi, the lite Indian version of Trump. Guess they like dumb asses.

Yung-T and Mr.Pringles like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ubiquitin likes this.
  8. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I must protest. This chart is racist. The English speaking countries all hate him because he can't speak English.

The other countries hate him because he can't speak Human.

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

India elected a right wing Hindu nationalist (and gave him the first parliamentary majority in over 30 years). Although that election was primarily built around anger towards the gridlocked coalition governments led by the Congress Party (which was more gridlocked than the US congress). Either way, plenty of Hindu nationalists love Trump. In theory, India stands to gain if Trump moves against China and the Middle East. Also Trump fits in with some of the Hindu nationalist crowd. They can be racist, anti-Islamic, hyper-conservative, and have no qualms about basic authoritarian behavior when it suits them. Honestly, they're as good a match as Trump and Putin.

Of course once Trump tries to scale back the H1-B program, then that honeymoon will quickly end. But until then, everyone over there can jump for joy. (my family personally has no love for Trump but I've met others that do).

joshuaao and JuanValdez like this.
  10. TheresTheDagger

11. adoo

adoo Member

how so ?

from my perspective, that claim is as baseless as Trump's claim that >3 million voted illegally for Hillary !

12. geeimsobored

Why not? Trump needs allies (like Russia). India was probably the only other country he praised during the campaign besides Russia (Modi in particular).

13. adoo

adoo Member

i think you're confusing UK w India; altho there are many Indians living in the UK. The best Indian food in the world is in London.

Actually, Trump had praised UK's Brexit movement many times; he had invited Nigel Farage, the leader of the Brexit movement to speak at several of his campaign events

14. geeimsobored

No I'm not (for the record, I'm Indian). He praised Brexit, not the UK government. That's not the same thing. Farage isn't even an MP.

And yes, he's praised the Modi government repeatedly. Feel free to google it.

joshuaao likes this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Regarding India, there seem to be a ton of Indian non-Muslims that absolutely hate Muslims I think because of Kashmir and all the related violence. Either that, or I keep running into all of them online. Maybe it's all the "India defense" websites, but I've read a bunch of Indian vitriol about Pakistan and Muslims in general that is pretty extreme.

Never been there, but from what I see online there are a ton of parallels between India and the USA, in terms of the way people think about their relationship with society as a whole and the rest of the world. It wouldn't seem natural given the different ages of the societies, but I see a ton of comments from Indians that sound like they could be American.

joshuaao likes this.
  16. hlcc

hlcc Member

The H1-B program is just the tip of the iceberg, currently the Indian economy is not generating anywhere near enough new jobs to satisfy the massive # of new entrants into the jobs market every year. A more protectionist US will make it even harder for India to generate the necessary # of new jobs every year.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fake NEWS !!!

DD

18. TheresTheDagger

LOL. You really are the Donald Trump of Clutchfans.

Sad!

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This won't help ease the world's concerns...

[​IMG]

The Doomsday Clock was moved up 30 seconds. The closest it's been to doomsday since the 50's.

MAGA my ass.