1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gladiator

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Azim da Dream, May 7, 2000.

1. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Yeah, I can see how it did stray away from history and actual events, but if it was based on a true story, then it would bother me more. Instead, it was fictional story with some non-fictional characters. And while it wasn't entirely accurate, it is the type of movie that would educate the history-deficient on the basics of the Roman empire and maybe encourage some of the young kids to go out and learn more about it.

One thing that did bother me though was how close Julius the villian was with his sister [​IMG] Man, it was bordering on sick!

Azim da Dream

------------------
    True champions do not take their failures to heart and never let success go to their heads.

2. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Azim,

Back in Roman days not only was it ok to sleep with your sister or your mother, but it was also ok to have young boys as lovers. Same for women. They could sleep with their fathers or brothers. It was part of their culture from what I read.

Thank God for progress, eh? [​IMG]

Not to offend people who think the Roman lifestyle is ok. Its just my opinion. [​IMG]

------------------
    Live Rocketball. Breathe Rocketball. Die with Rocketball.

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I also saw Gladiator and loved it.

------------------
    THE DEAN HAS WRITTEN

4. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

wonderboys was very good. havent seen gladiator.

what did you guys think of kingpin and something about mary ? those were hilarious.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

5. 34dream

34dream Member

I'm just back from the cinema watching Gladiator and all I can say is: brilliant. Joaquin Phoenix is fantastic as Commodus and Russell Crowe and Connie Nielsen do their jobs not even bad, too. The film has not one scene or part, which is boring or interrupts the plot and the effects are flat-out great. Now all I have to do is refresh my Latin knowledge and see the film a second time.

------------------