1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giving Kelvin Cato Directions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Oct 16, 2000.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thought you guys would find this amusing.

I went out to the $10 ticket thing at Guadalupe Plaza today. There was a very good turnout and all the players and coaches were really nice. I spoke with Matt Bullard, Rudy T and Jim Boylen and they were cool.

Cuttino was nice as was Walt and Cato. But, the funniest thing was talking to Cato on the phone.

One of the Rockets' staff members asked me if I could give directions to our location from Enron Field. I said sure and she shoved her cell phone in my face and said, "Here, tell him."

Him who? Him, Kelvin Cato, that's who.

So, I get on the phone and he is telling me where he is and I give him directions. He was really nice and laughing because he was so lost and was just turning on different roads indiscriminantly.

He finally made it after pretty average directions from me and a stalled train on the railroad tracks.

Chalk one up to Key Map Boy.

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Is there anything this man can't do?

------------------
    www.NOPostCount.com

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

SmeggySmeg,

Eat meat. [​IMG]

Cool story, though.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

4. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Directions for Cato, eh?

First, you want to run down the court and position yourself about 10 feet to the left side of the basket. This is just before Left Wing Ave.

Then, when you see a guard penetrate and pass the ball to you as your man leaves you to play help D, catch the ball, run 5 feet towards the Basket St, jump, then dunk the ball.

If, however, your man did not leave you and the guard continues hard to the rack, step between your man and the basket and lean against him to prevent him from getting to the basket. This is called Boxing Out Blvd.

When coming back, be sure to avoid Jumping to Soon Circle and take a trip by Boxing Out Terr when necessary.

We hope you find your way Kelvin [​IMG]

------------------

5. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Whe in doubt PASS! and PASS sharply.

6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

The only directions Mr. Cato should need are the ones once famously given by a certain Mr. Tomjanovich:

"There's the ball. Go get it."

7. PhiSlammaJamma

After his pay increase, you'd think he'd have one of those cars that can map it out for you. Like Kit used to do for David Hasselhof. In the TV show, if you noticed, the street mapping device they use for Kit was the old Intellivision race game. Makes me laugh.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

8. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Hey, that's one of the first tricks I taught my dog and it took less than 10 minutes for him to get good at it [​IMG]

Maybe, our new Rockets battle cry should be Fetch! [​IMG]

------------------

9. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Our baskets that way, their's is that way.....Don't let the ball go in there.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

[This message has been edited by Scarface (edited October 16, 2000).]