1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giving credit, where credit is due

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T_Man, Jan 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

All year our PF have been blasted by everyone on this board, including myself.

For the last 5 to 10 games, Juwan Howard has been getting better and better. He has been very consistent and coming to play every night.

So as much as we like to blast the players when they are messing up and playing bad, I think we should also recognize them when they are playing good.

T_Man

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i would also like to add the scoring ability of wesley and the leadership of tmac.

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I think I pee my pants tonight after seeing Juwan hit all his shots..

5. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Paging tinman... :D

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

29 points, 6 boards, and 4 dimes for Howard. [raising my glass] Here is to Juwan keeping this up for the rest of the season.

7. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

We sure looked great tonight when we had a PF draining open shots. Not to mention the guards as well. Hopefully this will continue.

8. Man

Man Contributing Member

When this trade happened, I knew Tmac was good averaging 30 ppg and I saw videos of him and I knew he was a star. But really..he is amazing. He can score and dominate a game. Hei s unstoppable. Yao can do that too sometimes.

Wesley and Barry seem to be doing very good as complementary role players. They play smart, defense, pass, make open shots..very well. I like them much better than Lue and JJ.

When the trade happened, this was what I expected..Howard to make shots..at least better than Cato. Tonight was awesome. I hope he can continue it.

Sura makes shots more frequently too. Barrett can make them.

Great job at the power forward..great jobas a team. Dikembe is still a good spark in the interior.

Go Rockets!! i think we are in the 7th seed now.

9. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I'll give credit to CD. He has taken alot of heat on this board for the moves he has made, especially recently, but they look to have really made this team much better so far.

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

BTW, with this win and Minnesota's loss tonight (Memphis was idle), we have moved back into the 7th spot.

11. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

how about credit JVG.

obviously he's letter his players play instead of making them conform to his system.

so our defense stinks now but we're an offensive juggernaut.

this game was fun to watch.

let's see if they can be consistent.

13. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I think they still play good D - they made some great adjustments in the 2nd half. When your scoring goes up the other team gets the ball more so their scoring has to go up as well (since they have more possessions)

judge the D by how well they get clutch stops !

14. Man

Man Contributing Member

Exactly. We played shut down "suffocating" defense for 24 seconds when we had to. We made adjustments..we forced them to take tough shots and luckily they missed them tonight. Wesley had 2 blocks! :D And we had tons of deflections and steals

15. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Good to see Juwan turning it up. I think getting minutes and time to get used to the system are yielding results.

If we can trade him for a forward that fits better, however, I'm all for it. Sell high; but low.

16. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Tmac also played very good D tonight. He must have gotten like 10 deflections, and he's so long that he makes shooters change their shots. When he asserts himself, guys like Finley, Stackhouse, and other shooters can't get their shot against him.

17. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah Stackhosue couldn't score on Tmac. :) Nowitzki made one tough shot on Tmac and Finley was just jacking up 3's at the end that doesn't count lol. Tmac plays really good defense and we have good players with him on the court like Barrett, Bowen, Dikembe, Sura, Barry, Wesley, and Yao. Howard isn't that bad defensively either. Fundamental...I just really hope he can keep it up.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Tonight, WEsley made me a believer.

And Howard finally showed up! WOW. :eek:

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The momentum shifted after JVG put T-Mac on Dirk, and Howard on Stackhouse. The Mavs wanted to exploit that matchup, so they went to Stack exclusively... and in the process, they took Dirk and the Mavs out of their fun and gun offense, in favor of a half-court game.

If you miss a shot in the half-court set, it creates transition opportunities for the other team... which is what the Rockets took advantage of, especially since the Mavs have probably the worst transition D in the history of the NBA.

20. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I am Oliver Twist and I would have loved it if he grabbed 10-13 rebounds. Six is not good enough for me. That said Yao grabbed only 6 as well ;)