1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give you an inch and you take a yard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rayrocket, Apr 28, 2014.

1. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Some LOHs are showing their ugly faces when team is losing.

YES, LIN made a terrible mistake, but, to be fair, at least he fought for that rebound and got it. He made a wrong decision trying to driblle the ball to kill more time, but where are his teamates, where is his coach, they all can help for calling timeout, you can yield your lung out to tell LIN to stop and hold the ball.....
    LIN maned up and ran to MO to defense, where were other guys? Standing and watching like us in front of TV? What does a team mean? In game 3, LIN got Harden's back when he lost the ball while dribling like a healdless chicken and made a game winning assist.

Talking about TOs, mistakes and defense, Harden, DH, PB and everybody else, they all are not clean, some even worse than LIN.

When you loose, you loose as a team. This team is, obviously, outmanaged, outcoached and outplayed by Portland.
    But I know tashing LIN may make you feel better than f**king yourself in your smelly basement.

1 person likes this.
  2. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

and he fought for the second rebound and almost got it. Him and Bev hit the deck but Parsons just stood around and let Lillard get the loose ball. Then Lin was still trying to make up for the first bonehead play by running Mo at the 3 pt line while none of his teammates covered for his blunder. Yes, he deserved a lot of blame there but he didn't get a lot of support from his teammates either. Exactly, you win as a team and you lose as a team. Too bad McHale failed that lesson as well. You put the player in with 50 sec left, if he screws up, coach has to take the blame too, not throw the player under the bus. No wonder the team is dysfunctional.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

As posted in The Game thread by me, now that I've gone for a drive and calmed down 9 hours after our loss...

I am so tired of the Lin hate & torching of everyone on our team when we lose.

Reasons for optimism:

This team has been together for 1 season.

Team is still the youngest in the league.

Our coaching staff was shaken up just before the playoffs. Sampson going to coach in college.

McHale is a great guy but his coaching is very mediocre...he may learn some plays in the offseason.

Our bench is weak & thin.

And through all that we had a breakout season, 54 wins & HCA. While our expectations for the playoffs haven't come to fruition yet, (there's still a good chance we take this in 7), this team with just a few tweaks could be contenders for years to come.

Also, if not for some terrible officiating in game 1 & game 4, we could (should) be up 3-1 & at worst 2-2.

The future looks very bright.

2 people like this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Lulz. Parsons was standing near half way completely open.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Love the optimism. But that's exactly what I was saying going into this season and voila. Nada.

7. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

That's why I said this team is both outmanaged and outcoached. Morey and McFail both were way overated.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

people will always look to blame one player/play because its the easy way to look at it so Lin is just going to have to take it.

But a closer look will show that wasn't the sole reason we lost. It kept building to that moment.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is right about this but one thing. Future looks ok or above average just like the Rockets look most of the time. Hope but then disappointment.

How do we groom the third star? A star on a good contract. Darn it.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LOL!....We are down 3-1, the GARM has blown up, and all you think about is correcting the OP's grammar?...:confused:

I'm right there with you! The constant hate trolling between the LOF's and the LOH's has taken a toll on me as well! I like Lin, but hopefully he get's traded THE DAY AFTER our season ends! As far as the officiating goes, I'm not surprised, considering that Howard dissed the mighty Lakers! In my opinion, the fix IS on, it's unbelievable how lopsided the officiating was in games 1 & 4!

11. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Morey got us 2 superstars where one is in his prime and one hasn't even entered his prime. How can you say Morey is overrated? His job is to get talent and he's done that. In two offseasons, you expected Morey to do better?? how? give the man another year or 2 to finish the roster.

Now McHale (not McFail, don't know why people say that it's so dumb) is being outcoached big time.

12. archinkent

archinkent Member

Nothing new. Lin has been blamed for all our losses he is involved in. I tried to defend him a few times, but this one even I can't defend. This one is on him.

13. chandlerbang21

Delete this thread

14. TheJet

TheJet Member

Another day, another scape goat. Harden was getting killed here until last night. Now it's Lin's turn again.

I will say that the more people that try to defend and deflect criticism for that last play the worse it's going to get. Props to the Lin fans that admit he made a mistake and a bad play at the end. It happens. As mad as I was when it happened I'm not going to kill the kid. He is who he is. You have to roll the dice and play him again in game five.

15. do work son

do work son Member

sooo we're gonna just pretend this isn't the 2nd time in two games Lin has had an opportunity to drain clock, and put pressure on portland, and has completely **** the bed?

won't say the games are his fault, but he had a chance to make a positive impact on both games, and his lack of basketball IQ in both games ended up with portland hitting a 3, and us going to OT.

game 3: 48 seconds left. up by 3. instead of killing the clock, he rushes up court to take a contested layup. next possession down, batum hits a 3.

game 4: 24 seconds left, up 2. instead of killing the clock, he rushes up court to get ripped by mo williams, who ends up hitting a 3 on the same possession.

16. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Go back rewatch all 4 games and do video analysis, players all have similar things, McHale hade more mistakes too.
    This is a team issue!

17. perfectweapons

He is inconsistent and out of control. The game was over until he turned that ball over with 24 seconds left. What fans do not realize is, yeah Howard, Harden, Parsons, make mistakes-but they also are the main reason we are winning or in the games. Lin has very little if anything to do with us actually winning a game, but somehow he comes in, blows leads, and makes horrible turnovers at the most inopportune time. If he was scoring 20 a game I would be a little more tolerant.

18. garfangle

garfangle Member

It is tough to score 20 a game when Lin barely touches the ball when he is in. Take the end of the third quarter last night when Lin was in. Although he did pretty well on the defensive end, on offense he was in his usual corner per McHale and barely got to see the ball at all as everyone else tried to be the PG except him.

19. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I thought it was like more 42 seconds or 32....definitely not 24

and it was more like he grabbed the rebound, tried to dribble to safe place and mo tipped the ball from behind that was close to being out of bounds - then aldridge tried a hook shot, lin and bev go for the rebound, then balls goes loose, and mo gets it, and lin ran back to him to try to stop the madness

noticed how Lin was in everything?

20. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

But but everyone wants to say if Lin didn't do this and Lin didn't do that. How about we, as a team, hold the double digit lead and not get to the point where Lin can make his stupid mental mistake? we always have double digit leads in the 4th and blow it