1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give the credit where it is due--about Yao and Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Apr 22, 2007.

1. qfrank

qfrank New Member

You can find a good guard in many teams, AI, Kobe, Kidd, Nash, Arenas, Parker, Tracy, Billups,... the big man at 5 is not available to most teams.

You can build a champion team once you have a dominant center. As to good guard, which decent team does not have?

2. forebay

forebay Member

It's about time to downgrade this 5 year old rookie to 'non member'.

3. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

HELLO!, We won the freaking game?!?! Who tha hell cares about credit? I hate todays NBA fan....fan of players and not teams.

4. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

first of all ,even though t-mac had only 1 point at halftime,i was still confident that he will own the second half.with that said yao had a very good game but not a great game by his own standard,but he was the reason why the rockets was still in the game at halftime.without yao,the game would be over and t-mac would not have been able to win this game.we can definitely play much better than this.our 3's will fall,t-mac won't have another half like this and yao would not shoot under 50% in a lot of games.conclusion we will win this series in 5 and our 2 superstar will carry us home

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Last time I checked, this was a team sport. The Rockets needed all their players to play well to win and that will continue to be the case. We all complain that players are not all about the team enough. Well, look in the mirror. This is ALL about the team. I don't care if it is Yao and Tmac or Hakeem and Clyde or Moses and Calvin out there on the floor. I want the ROCKETS to win.

Credit for one player or another is irrelevant.

6. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Credit, and criticism, should be given when its due but I don't see the need to set up a conflict between players on the same team.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

b/c there is not a lot of good centers nowadays. that position is becoming obsolete.

u name good guards. tmac is a great guard. big difference brother. the only ones in tmac's class is kobe. but if u count OVERALL, no one is.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I think everyone thought Yao wouldn't have a problem dominating. The bar has been set that high for him because of his dominance this season. He'd have to go for 40 in order to be noticed more than usual.

TMax has neevr played past the first round. He's a bonafide superstar on level of Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc. Can you imagine the scrutiny on those 3 if they never got past the first round in the years TMax's been in the league? All the questions before the playoffs was on how TMax would play. NOONE had any questions about Yao's performance.

if both players had an off game and Yao's was even worse, I guarantee you the onus and spotlight would still be on TMax's bad game.

EDIT: to the guy who thought that Yao's contribution wasn't as great as TMax, please take what you're smoking, put it in a ziploc bag and send it to me so I can sell it and pay off my car loan. Without Yao's scoring, TMax woulda had to score 35 points in the second half for us to win.

9. Rockfan94

Rockfan94 Member

I rarely post but occasionally I have the urge to write something and your post made me to do so today.

Use the same facts you mentioned, you can also argue that Yao did great in the first half and, if only Mac did the same thing, we could have won the game by a mile before the first half is done.

Mac did not won the game, the Rockets did it. And Mac could have made it a lot easier for the Rockets if only he scored some points in the first half!

Rockfan94

10. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

tmac played an good game.... but Fisher OWNED HIS ASS in the first half :eek:

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, for future reference. DON'T quote someone's post which is more than 5 lines. Edit it first.

You wrote 1 line...ONE, and quoted one that is like 20.

12. ritou

ritou Contributing Member

Geez...Stop labeling people. I cannot tell he is a YOF from this post.

13. aamir

aamir Member

Oh come on... T-Mac deserves the credit that he gets for this game. Yes, Yao did a great job keeping us "in" the game (if down 9 at half-time is really "in" the game), but it was T-Mac's 16 point third quarter that got our team going and won us the game.

Yes, I know, it's a team game, and all of our team contributed. Rafer's two back-to-back threes to tie the game when we suddenly couldn't hit a shot and found ourselves down 6 after an 8-0 start were huge, Juwan's last second shot was a pivotal end to the 1st and he was one of the only people scoring in the second quarter, T-Mac -- despite his 0-6 shooting -- poured in 6 assists in the 1st half, and Yao's 15 points were certainly huge for us. But we were still down nine. The game changed when T-Mac went off, and he deserves all the credit he gets for that. That's not taking anything away from Yao, it's giving just dues to Tracy.

PS -- this is coming from a Deke, Chuck, Luther, and though I'm ashamed to admit it, Rafer fan.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

please..just stop...without Yao's 15, we woulda been down 24, then what would TMax's 16 in the 3rd do? If you need the whole team to win how can you say one person won it or lost it by themself?

like TMax said, it takes five, stop presenting it in any other fashion.

15. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

great post, man! Without YAO's 15 points, TMAC never got chance to RECOVER his game........

16. dback816

dback816 Member

Wow, you are a joke. Refrain from posting for a week please

Neutral observers? Neutral observers will say they both won the games for us. Look at the box scores, their stats are nearly identical with a slight edge for Yao.

TMac was not "quiet", he was horrid. Missing all his shots in the first half is not "quiet". By the time he turned it out, he merely evened it out.

It's really tiring that alot people, not just fans, give all the credit to whoever does it near the end and neglect the early heroes. It's the same reason people complain about Dirk being unclutch.

Once again, the NBA and its fans focuses on the glamorous stuff while ignoring the consistent workhorse who lays the foundation of victories.

17. rayman77

rayman77 Member

shame on you, stupid jazz fan

18. aamir

aamir Member

Uhh... where did I say one person won it or lost it by himself? Here's a quote for you buddy
    So you, please, just stop.

19. rocks4life

rocks4life Contributing Member

Minus Yao's 13 second half points, will we still win the game? The fact of the matter is we need both to win and both were huge in this game and we need both to play well through out the game to succeed.

20. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

this has gotten so old. Yao v TMac chapter 9999999999999999