1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give the credit where it is due--about Yao and Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

What is your problem, blazer_ben? His post's a tad bit involved.. but, so are the two posts he's replying to. Those along with your little follow up here are pretty much as far from neutral as you can get.

Here's a neutral observer's sum of the game: Without Yao keeping it "somewhat close", there would be no game for T-mac to win. Without T-mac in the second half, Yao's efforts would've been of no consequence.

I suggest you "TOF" and "YOF" re-evaluate your analysis of the game and judgement on the end result. Look no further than the play of our role players, the FG % (which gets crappier without T-mac comming back) of both teams, the 3pt FG % of the Rockets, the lowly rebounding (Yao picking the load with 13 boards). And, then try to buy into your own belief.. that we're even in the game, without a both of our superstars.

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

Yao + T-mac = SOLE REASON WE WON.

3. misandao

misandao Member

Those stupid replies don't deserve a whole new thread. Just let them go.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

How did you get that name under your username?? "Lurker"? That's pretty nice. :D :eek:

5. Ducky

Ducky Member

really GREAT post!

what is duo? we do need those two guys both, if we really want to win. So why don't stopping arguing on this stupid thing?

btw,

Yao scored 15 in first half , 13 in second. :eek:

6. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

some people cannot hack the fact that one player did better than the other

if players had the mindset of these posters...they would turn into Mikejames

and no one wants that

when i first check the stats...i check

Houston ... vs ... Other team (not important)

i dont check the stats of yao, mac, or anyone

as the old saying goes...or rather the addidas ad goes.. it takes five BABY

7. kennymajozy

kennymajozy Member

some one is just short-sighted here..
    Sometimes the reason we criticized Tmac in the regular season is he continued to play as the first half as this game and could never adjust himself better in the second half. Without Yao, i can never see a win here...
    Those who keep discussing who is more important just make me feel sick.

8. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

the reason you made this thread is you're a Yao fan than a Rox fan. cause a true Rox fan wouldn't bother responding to those crap posts.

9. pli777

pli777 Member

that's a funny post, so you give the guy who's inconsistent credits when he has a good night and nothing to someone who is according to u.

something's not quite right there.

10. cmellon

cmellon Member

I hope Yao can stay humble and low key for the rest of his basketball career. Let T-Mac get all the shine and praise, while Yao quitely does his job well.

Envy and jealousy among superstars will ultimately tear this team apart. Just like Kobe and Shaq. Something has to give for the greater glory of the team.

11. Champ06

Champ06 Member

It got nothing to do with our two stars. It's the zealous fans that is trying their best to tear each other apart. :(

12. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

LOL!!! The way I see it, credit must be given to Carroll Dawson for bringing in the biggest one-two punch in the NBA in Yao Ming - Tracy McGrady.

Our two superstars are going to maul every team in the league.

13. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

Ugh, lock up this thread. It's the playoffs and both our stars played spectacularly to win game 1. Yet there's STILL people bickering about who's got the biggest balls on the team? **** man, just be happy for the team, and be happy for Mac, who's got all the media attention due to that giant monkey on his back. Damn.

14. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

I agree with rfila. Yao didn't receive enough appreciation for the first half.

15. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Anyone forgot how the rockets kept alive after Jazz led about 43-31 at the 2nd QT before and after Yao re-entered the game :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

16. rvpals

rvpals Member

I don't understand why we even waste time to argue about who's responsible for the win. It takes the whole team to win the game. TMac can't certainly does it on his own, it takes Yao, TMac, Shane Battier, Alston and Chuck Hayes, JVG and everybody else to win the game.

We should feel damn lucky to have two MVP caliber guys on the Rockets. Imagine the teams that don't have our luxury. Be more appreciative.

I do agree Yao gets less credit most of the time because he's a big man that don't show boat a lot.

17. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I NEVER BASHED YAO STUPID TWIT. NOT ONCE. my reply in the post game thread was to a YOF who was saying that McGrady WAS GOING TO BE PROBLEM. as usual YOF's jumped to ALLSORTS conclusion. GO READ THE THREAD AND MY REPLIES CAREFULLY.he was praising yao, but at the same time thrashing tracy. when have i ever bashed yao?. show me one thread i have ever thrashed yao. i can bring tens of thread where YOF's constantly trash ban belittle tracy. so go get you're facts straight. i know you're another YOF.

18. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

At the end, both players were great. Every player did its own part. I love Rox.
    GO ROCKETS, GO

19. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

i think it is sooOOooo UNFAIR for YAO...he play GREAT the WHOLE game and yet was overlooked by the media and just about everybody else....and what's up with the YOF and TmacOF...can we ALL just be ROCKETS fans ?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Houston Rockets need them both to win.

BOTH !

DD