1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gilbert Arenas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 14, 2010.

1. makman

makman Member

I remember Lewis' situation clearly and still a mistake on the Rockets part. I wouldn't want to come back either after being passed up that many times. But I was talking in general rather than for this Rockets team, and more a comparison to Arenas. Lewis is overrated and I agree not worth it and Carter is old now but he still gets it done. I liked Arenas a lot and I can see why you would want him, but for the money and risks that come along it's a tough trade to make. If he does get his head right I agree he would be a solid pg, major upgrade from what we have now.

2. J-Man

J-Man Member

Why would they give him up for Shane and Jared???

But then again, why did they give up Caron Butler for Josh Howard.....

3. Htown's2kFinest

they're both on their last yr of their contract

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Even if Washington sent $20m with him, I wouldnt take that on.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They took howard for Butler for his contract, but also because howard is real talent, rather than potential...they've said they wanted actual talent, not just expirings, picks, and filler players...They want to rebuild quickly, while also staying competitive.......from our team i think they'd want a package revolving around Lowry, Hill, Lee, or budinger.

6. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

The problem is that he got those points on three-pointers and his knee's rapid degeneration isn't going to stop until his career's done, if ever.

7. liljojo

liljojo Member

Somehow, I get the feeling that having Brad Miller and Gilbert Arenas in the same locker room isn't the best idea...

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

or actually a great idea?

9. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Man....we really must suck.......

He benched himself because of being afraid of the "boo's"

Clutchfans will make him jump off the Toyota building.

10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

11. amaru

amaru Member

Arenas has never won anything in his career, he is just a great scorer. We already have that in Martin, so why go out and get an overpaid trouble-making version of Martin?

DO.NOT.WANT!!! :mad:

12. davestrate

davestrate Member

Is Martin a 3 time allstar cuz Arenas sure is.

13. amaru

amaru Member

My memory is a little foggy.

How many playoff series has Gilbert help Washington win the past few years? :confused:

14. davestrate

davestrate Member

Better yet.............How many has martin???

15. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Is this a joke? Arenas was one of the top two or three PGs in the league back in the day when he used to play with Larry Hughes. If terrible players like Chris Bosh are considered superstars today, then Arenas was an MVP-caliber player.

I don't think that the Rockets should go for him though, we don't need more question marks on this team.