1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gilbert Arenas Takes Shot At Coach K

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by North Star, Jan 25, 2007.

1. North Star

North Star Contributing Member

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

What an arrogant. whiny baby.

Get over it.

3. dookiester

dookiester Member

he could probably drop a 100

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love Agent 0. The guy is a hard worker and obviously doesn't take himself too seriously.

5. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

That's some devotion to the wizards.

Kind of sad that its his main motivation to be bitter about this, he's an amazing talent, but everytime this comes up every other month it just makes him seem petty and unprofessional.

6. duwende

duwende Member

I agree. Arenas is the funniest/strangest guy in the NBA. Good strange, not Rodman-strange.

Hibachi!

7. North Star

North Star Contributing Member

He is the D-Wade of this year. I would not be surprised if he leads the Wizards to the Finals.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They interviewed him on tv the other day. he didnt seem too concerned with. I think he just kind of joking, but I couldnt really tell.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Gilbert is a flake and who knows what's in his mind, but I think he's playing this up and milking it for pub.

10. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

lol, i love gilbert arenas. i really hope he drops 60 on the blazers.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Haha I love it especially considering Greg freaking Paulus, your average Joe and most overglorified player in that nation, would be guarding him --- Arenas would score 50 blind folded.

12. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

What a great description of Arenas. Donates mone for every point he scores to help underprivaleged children, gives away his jersey after every game so someone won't have to pay $200 for a jersey, has basiclly adopted a child whose parents dies in a house fire, made him a bal boy and set up a fund for him so he can go to college. He also pays for all his clothes and takes care of any bills he has.

He uses this stuff to motivate himself (I won't even get into his workout schedule). You could only wish to have a player with that much talent and heart on your team. Before you open your mouth, know what you're talking about. Disssing a great guy like arenas makes you look like an idiot. Maybe if out USA players cared that much we'd win Gold for a change

13. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

It's actually the other way arond. His game is getting recognition because of all the crazy stuff he does. He's not milkig anything for pub. What you see is what you get

14. Impper

Impper Contributing Member

I guarantee you we would have won the gold if Gil had played

15. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

If it were Kobe who said this, 99% of the people who responded to this thread would have a different reaction.

Funny how people allow the media to manipulate what they think, at the sake of distorting reality.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I love Gilbert. For the past 3 years, he's been my favorite non-Rocket and the pub and discussion he gets here and elsewhere this season is great. Before this season, he was easily the most under-appreciated player in the NBA, IMO. I know his complete dedication to basketball, his background, etc, etc.

Whatever reason he has for continually bringing up the Olympic snub is fine with me. It took the team failing for them to see what a mistake they made. Keeping Hinrich instead of him was just plain dumb. I assume they will correct that mistake this summer.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am not the biggest fan of his game. I dont think he makes his teammates better. I do however like his personality. He now says ,"quality shots" when shooting as a response to Kobe. Love it!

Gilbert Arenas was more deserving of an Olympic spot than Coach K was! Coach K hasnt proved a damn thing. College basketball and NBA are completely different. Now add in the fact that his NBA players are competing in a league with foreign rules! Why should an NBA champion like Dwayne Wade take a college coach with no experience seriously?

They better get a different coach, Rudy was the last one to win a gold, he has no responsibility coaching another team, he manages big heads extremely well, get him or someone like him. Or we could continue to lose. I really dont care.

18. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Yeah cause Gilbert is an egotistical rapist right? :rolleyes:

19. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I don't know the context of his statements, whether he is joking or serious, but he doesn't sound like much of a team player. All about him getting his points.

20. Fuse

Fuse Member

You are jumping from one assumption to another. It is true that if Kobe said that, it would be perceived completely differently. Gilbert plays with a chip on his shoulder as if everyone has wronged him. To be honest, I don't know if his extreme sense of entitlement is any better than Kobe's arrogance.

If you really think about it, there is really no need for Gilbert to put down everyone in public for the sake of proving himself right.