1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis disses James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 6, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Please keep your disgusting peccadilloes to yourself.

SORF, AroundTheWorld, Nook and 4 others like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

This is the whole quote

He campaigned for himself, and shifted the blame towards the media, while never saying anything negative about Giannis.

He didn't say "He doesn't deserve to win because he can't shoot"

THAT's dissing someone's game.

If you can't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

And Curry was exceptional also. He scored more efficiently and his pt totals would be similar of Curry played more 4th quarter minutes.

4. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Career ending injury coming up for Giannis, Noone makes fun of Harden.

clutchdabear and don grahamleone like this.
  5. fchowd0311

Dude it just takes some simple deductive reasoning to see how saying that narrative was the reason why he lost is implying that Gainnis didn't deserve it.

Look, other players thought they deserved MVP over the actual winner. Hakeem did also but he kept it more personal with only his teammates and just showed it on his on court play in the WCF.

Gainnis is just returning the favor. If Harden wants to get the "bad defense" label off of him he should move his feet more. I would say he has shown more effort on defense since going small ball this season and is willing to move his feet more so that's a positive sign.

malakas likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

And Kobe never embellished contact? Plus, the "snap-back/arm flail" hasn't been Harden's main thing for a while now. I'd even argue it was never his "go-to".

I pick Harden going downhill over almost anyone because of his strength to finish through contact, his craftiness (and lefty-ness) and his deceptive explosiveness when healthy--which he hasn't been for a month or so.

7. Mr. Space City

no it doesn't.

Zboy, AroundTheWorld, jcf and 3 others like this.
  8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

But you can't say that his point totals would have been similar if he played more 4th quarter minutes because Curry didn't. We can't take hypothetical numbers into account when voting, right?

Not that we have a vote anyway, but still.

9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I can’t wait til Giannis athleticism goes bye bye..this dude literally has no skills other than dunking and pushing people on offense.

10. fchowd0311

Well the scoring difference wasn't that large and seeing the large mpg difference and knowing that the reason is merely the Warriors just had absurd or differentials so often rather than minute restrictions because Curry is incapable of playing more minutes along with him scoring more efficiently tells me that he probably could match his pt total.

11. fchowd0311

You convinced me.

12. fchowd0311

Harden gets his lay up attempts blocked more than any other superstar guard I've ever seen.

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Jesus…
    Its so crazy that you guys disgressing op's topic in such nasty wayo_O
    [​IMG]

#153 DeBeards, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    D-rock and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If Harden has any pride he would take Giannis' comments as an insult and stay a plus defender for the rest of the season / playoffs

let the hate fuel you

SORF, don grahamleone and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. fchowd0311

Let's hope. If Harden has a Dream like series in the NBA finals against Gainnis, that would be epic.

jeevinesh likes this.
  16. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Your reasoning here is sound, but here's why I don't think it should have anything to do with MVP voting. We should only be taking account what's on the paper in front of us.

What might have happened if x did y shouldn't be an argument for who's a more worthy MVP because at the end of the day, imaginary stats in imaginary minutes, well-reasoned as they may be, have as much value as me saying well If Curry played 3 extra minutes every game he would have shat himself each game and fingered Draymond Green. That would definitely have hurt his chances. But we don't take that into account because it didn't happen, or at least not that I know of.

Well anyhow, let's agree to disagree. I think James Harden should've been the 14-15 MVP, and hopefully my reasoning was solid for the most part.

don grahamleone and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. fchowd0311

I would say that the race was close enough where if Harden did win it, he would also deserve it also.

14-15 Harden and 17-18 Harden are the best versions of Harden imo

Roomba likes this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Giannis is a casual. Sad to see.

19. fchowd0311

Honestly this is one of the first times I've seen general NBA fan base side with Harden. r/NBA on Reddit is calling Gainnis petty.

Probably because Gainnis has multiple times tried to diss Harden in less than a week and at this point looks like a petty one sided beef.

Like I understand Harden last season making the "narrative" MVP comments last season but at least that was in context of people asking him to make his case for the MVP while Gainnis is bringing up Harden out of thin air.

joshuaao, amaru, IvanLCPM and 2 others like this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

FG% at the rim
    Kobe .634
    Harden .636

% of FGA at the rim
    Kobe 21%
    Harden 27%

Harden gets to the rim more and finishes just the same