1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis Antetokounmpo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, May 25, 2019.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If he does not develop a consistent jump shot, I am not sure how much of an improvement he can make to the rest of his game.

A jumpshot will open things for him.

No jumpshot will always handicap him.

2. Homey the Clown

[​IMG]

macan likes this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Spin spin dunk doesn't win in the postseason

4. macan

macan Member

Harden is not as a physical freak as Giannis, yet Harden put up better numbers in a tougher west. Giannis is good, he's not at Harden's level. i wouldn't put him on top of KD or Kahwi either. Bucks has a good system and great role players this season. you are just like all those other media heads thinking he's the MVP...that's why i said he's overrated

rgw20014life likes this.
  5. xaos

xaos Member

Exposed might not be the right word, but Raptors played a very specific defensive scheme that took away Giannis' strengths and forced him to play to his weakness. Having Leonard helps, but it was a full team effort

6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Agreed. He’s young and has the drive and work ethic to get better. He will learn from this..

xaos likes this.
  7. biina

biina Member

I dont see the 'expose' - there was nothing I saw from him during this series that I did not know before.

Giannis is not the first young player without a jumpshot. Kawhi didnt have a jumpshot coming into the league and Lebron also didnt have a jumpshot when Spurs swept his Cavs. It has not stopped either players from becoming great.

How much success Giannis has in his career will depend a lot on how well he improves and develops a rounded game. So far he has shown the willingness to do the required work.

ilias, arno_ed, xaos and 1 other person like this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Nah.. I would've voted Harden... I was just debating you saying Giannis was overrated. I'm saying look at his growth the last 5 years.. He's earned the respect of being called an MVP caliber player for years to come...

9. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I remember in 2013 draft, Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons were making jokes about his highlight reel of dominating eighth graders in Greece and Jalen was saying that We’ll learn how to pronounce his name when he proves he can play.

He’s gotten better every single year. Did anybody think his team was going to win 60 and he be a MVP candidate in October? Did anybody think he would even be a all star back in 2013?

Just BC he flamed out this series doesn’t me he sucks all of sudden or he can’t get better.

javal_lon likes this.
  10. macan

macan Member

it's too early to call him an MVP caliber player for (one good year). he's gotta show me he can make some 3s first( only dunks and got superstar treatment from refs now)..or carry an average roster deep into playoffs like what Harden did...Harden's been at the MVP level for more than 3 years. Giannis hasn't showed me none of that..and yet being called a MVP is just a joke

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Macan, bro,.... He already is an MVP caliber player.. He's prob gonna **** around and win it in a few weeks. How is it too early?.... To me it's more impressive to win it this way( dunks with no jump shot) in today's NBA..

12. macan

macan Member

for one good year? do it like Harden for another 3 years and we'll talk then..

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I hear you.. I'm betting he will tho...

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He was invisible the last couple games this series. Media won’t give a damn though. He was worse than Harden but will receive none of the slander.

rgw20014life likes this.
  15. Mr. Space City

Only thing I worry about is his shooting form. It’s very stiff. Not fluid, and the arc on the ball is very line-drivey.

He shoots a lot of uncontested set airballs.

Not a good sign moving forward.

16. rgw20014life

rgw20014life Member

When I talk about him winning the MVP over Harden this year I refer to him as Gianus.

17. biina

biina Member

If the freak doesnt win the MVP :eek: - its will be a very long summer for him

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

Didn't we think last year Capela was just going to keep rising in talent?

[​IMG]

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

But Capela is from Switzerland, a nation with a known history of being passive and looking to avoid conflict.

Giannis is a Greek and Greeks since ancient times have a history of being aggressors.

History and Genes are in Giannis' favor.

iball likes this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

Lol. Not recently.